Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Doing stubby bumper next weekend...ADVICE???

Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Mr_Wiki...that looks GREAT!!!! Nice work man! Where did you get the winch plate? Did you fab it up? I just looked on the HF website and could only find the universal winch channel for the 3000lb winch. Anyone got a part number or a link?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do think HF calls them "universal truck winch plate" and if I'm not mistaken it's a 10,000 pound rated. I picked two of them up a few months ago on sale for 25 bucks each.. Used one and sold the other... someone on this forum said they were going to discontinue.... ? Don't know.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepguy553
@Mr_Wiki...that looks GREAT!!!! Nice work man! Where did you get the winch plate? Did you fab it up? I just looked on the HF website and could only find the universal winch channel for the 3000lb winch. Anyone got a part number or a link?
I just bought some 12 inch wide c-channel and some 3 inch wide for the supports. Welded it up and drilled some holes! Lol It was super easy. And I have put it to the test and haven't had an issue.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, I just did a search on HF and the plate doesnt show on their list so my guess is they dont have them anymore.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donnie
FWIW, I just did a search on HF and the plate doesnt show on their list so my guess is they dont have them anymore.
Ditto. I don't see this universal plate anywhere.

Quick Reply: Doing stubby bumper next weekend...ADVICE???