Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Doing it Right from the start!!

Old 06-26-2015, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M16_4_REAL
That strayed pretty far from where I started. I was in for an 2.5" lift and some other stuff but god damn. I want a driver, not Wheeler, DRIVER.

I've got coil overs and long four link bars on my pro street drag truck. I don't need all that shit to roll around on for the street and log roads. I carry a chainsaw. I don't need to roll over shit with my daily driver, I cut it, put a winch to work and move on without incident. Shit guys, I not dropping 15k on a long arm coil over setup. Get real.

Back to a serious note, I'm going to put an order in for some new 35s if this experiment doesn't work. Ran into a friend and he has a jk now. So we bromanced a little and since I got a new old buddy that jeeps and works at a local tire shop, he has in his garage, under 5k mile set of 37s. If they don't fit with the flat fenders and 2.5 lift, no worries, back to the garage from where they came from. He's on to 40s and I'm just taking sloppy seconds...and being grateful lol. So stay tuned.
Mine is a daily driver..
flat fenders and 2.5 lift you should be able to get 37 under it but you might need to add a little extra bumpstop or just jump up to a 3.5in lift or put a body lift on it and the 2.5"lift. Since your not Wheeling it that extra bumstop shouldnt hurt anything just keeps the tire from contacting the body. you will pry need to cut some pinch seam.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I read the whole thread and it was enjoyable. What caught my attention was "doing it right", but unfortunately the OP was really not clear in the beginning, when the title should be "doing it right... For $5k".

I have down a ton of research and see that the EVO MFG Double Throw Down kit with EVOLever is the way to go. Yeh, $15,000 hurts but the benefits are HUGE. I am glad at least one poster acknowledged how good those kits are.

However, having an open mind is important. Can anyone name or describe a similar setup? One that will compare to the EVO kit? We are talking doing it right now, money no significant issue.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NevadaZielmeister
So I read the whole thread and it was enjoyable. What caught my attention was "doing it right", but unfortunately the OP was really not clear in the beginning, when the title should be "doing it right... For $5k".

I have down a ton of research and see that the EVO MFG Double Throw Down kit with EVOLever is the way to go. Yeh, $15,000 hurts but the benefits are HUGE. I am glad at least one poster acknowledged how good those kits are.

However, having an open mind is important. Can anyone name or describe a similar setup? One that will compare to the EVO kit? We are talking doing it right now, money no significant issue.
There are many other options and imo
Full custom will be much better than any "kit off the shelf" ... Not any other cantilever setups of the shelf I know of, but not many people run cantilevers. The shocks normally run alot hotter and alot more parts to fail. If one does a cantilever can be hell to fix on a trail even if your lucky and it doesnt take out alot of stuff. Doing anything yourself youll save tons. paying a shop labor is crazy expensive l. I have a feeling your research came from another site, none is from your personal experience.

Last edited by Maertz; 08-01-2015 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Doing it Right from the start!!