Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Doing it Right from the start!!

Old 06-25-2015, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
You must be on the other forum also. Lol
um not sure what that means but I'm on alot of forums and FB pages I started with a 2" JKS lift and built and built and rebuilt. just wish i didnt waste my money 3 times before going to the set up i have now. Rides better than stock and would even suggest it for logging roads and Moab.

I will try and forget about the wayalife reference you're throwing out there just because i choose to run EVO products
Old 06-25-2015, 08:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a joke man. I don't care if your running EVO snd didnt even know you ran EVO. I even suggest it from time to time. That's your preference. And I honestly thought you were joking with your comment of doing it right is to go coilovers but since I guess you weren't then you couldn't be more wrong. It might be right for what you do but it's not right for all situations. I joked about the WAL reference because your comment was the type of ridiculous untrue response you will find all over that forum.

Sorry if I offended.

Last edited by DunnyBunny; 06-25-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

nope just caught me in a moment

i know that its expensive but the DD part of it is hands down the best ride in a jeep i have ever had. I even have let a few freinds drive it and they hate me for letting them lol I dont think this set up is just for rocks. I would put it up against any lift for on the road comfort. I have had JSPEC 2" lift and it road nice. 3.5RK lift it wasnt bad. drove a RC 4" and it was horrible. also a TeraFlex 4" it wasnt to bad either.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-1
nope just caught me in a moment i know that its expensive but the DD part of it is hands down the best ride in a jeep i have ever had. I even have let a few freinds drive it and they hate me for letting them lol I dont think this set up is just for rocks. I would put it up against any lift for on the road comfort. I have had JSPEC 2" lift and it road nice. 3.5RK lift it wasnt bad. drove a RC 4" and it was horrible. also a TeraFlex 4" it wasnt to bad either.
What coil over set up did you go with?
Old 06-25-2015, 10:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you need or want coilovers there are some simple options, but imo your better going off full custom all day...most bolt on kits are shit. The evo lever is a ok option in the rear but over priced imo as you need to get the bypass shocks to help cool the shock with how short of a coilover they run.

Last edited by Maertz; 06-25-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TripleBJK
What coil over set up did you go with?
i went with the EVO bolt ons. the DTD is nice but im not dessert running so the boltons do just what i need them to do.. i have this kit.
EVO Manufacturing JK DoubleD Pro - EVO-202
Old 06-25-2015, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe if im not mistaken the evo bolt on is a 10 rear and 12 travel front shock.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:50 PM
JK Newbie

That strayed pretty far from where I started. I was in for an 2.5" lift and some other stuff but god damn. I want a driver, not Wheeler, DRIVER.

I've got coil overs and long four link bars on my pro street drag truck. I don't need all that shit to roll around on for the street and log roads. I carry a chainsaw. I don't need to roll over shit with my daily driver, I cut it, put a winch to work and move on without incident. Shit guys, I not dropping 15k on a long arm coil over setup. Get real.

Back to a serious note, I'm going to put an order in for some new 35s if this experiment doesn't work. Ran into a friend and he has a jk now. So we bromanced a little and since I got a new old buddy that jeeps and works at a local tire shop, he has in his garage, under 5k mile set of 37s. If they don't fit with the flat fenders and 2.5 lift, no worries, back to the garage from where they came from. He's on to 40s and I'm just taking sloppy seconds...and being grateful lol. So stay tuned.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by M16_4_REAL
That strayed pretty far from where I started. I was in for an 2.5" lift and some other stuff but god damn. I want a driver, not Wheeler, DRIVER.

I've got coil overs and long four link bars on my pro street drag truck. I don't need all that shit to roll around on for the street and log roads. I carry a chainsaw. I don't need to roll over shit with my daily driver, I cut it, put a winch to work and move on without incident. Shit guys, I not dropping 15k on a long arm coil over setup. Get real.

Back to a serious note, I'm going to put an order in for some new 35s if this experiment doesn't work. Ran into a friend and he has a jk now. So we bromanced a little and since I got a new old buddy that jeeps and works at a local tire shop, he has in his garage, under 5k mile set of 37s. If they don't fit with the flat fenders and 2.5 lift, no worries, back to the garage from where they came from. He's on to 40s and I'm just taking sloppy seconds...and being grateful lol. So stay tuned.
I'm glad your set in reality. Lol. Metalcloak makes an overland series kit now that I think would work great for you or their 2.5" lift with front lower control arms. Just a thought and with flat flares you should be able to run 37s with it.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

I would say this. They use uppers though for caster correction.

http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Jeep-Du...ion-p/7120.htm

Quick Reply: Doing it Right from the start!!