Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Doin up an Unlimited. Need input.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went out to OK4WD and had them do my lift, rims, tires and picked up a procal. They did an excellent job with all of the work everything was finished in 1 day with zero issues.

I went up there one weekday afternoon and talked to them about what I was looking for and they spent a half hour or so showing me my options and giving me the price out the door with labor. Real great group of guys and their labor price was pretty good, they also check and re torque everything for free after a few hundred miles.

Good luck.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pennuja
I just went out to OK4WD and had them do my lift, rims, tires and picked up a procal. They did an excellent job with all of the work everything was finished in 1 day with zero issues.

I went up there one weekday afternoon and talked to them about what I was looking for and they spent a half hour or so showing me my options and giving me the price out the door with labor. Real great group of guys and their labor price was pretty good, they also check and re torque everything for free after a few hundred miles.

Good luck.
Cool. Good to hear from someone who has dealt with them. Yeah thats what Im doing Friday. Want to tell them what I have been looking at and let them guide me in the right direction. Im narrowing down things but its all jumbled in my head. Just want to get the lift, wheels, tires, and any drivetrain things Ill need first. Then the engine, then the exterior(bumpers etc).
Old 03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I see alot of lift kits have the adjustable track bars as an option. Should I get these? Was told stock Rubicon ones are good and just get the bracket.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike De
Anyone on Walker Evans or Fox remote reservoirs? Bilstein, RE, Tera monotubes? Obviously dont need the remotes but most things arent needs theyre wants and if Im doing it Im doing it now and not wishing or wanting 6 months from now.
I believe that all the "remote reservoir" does is increase the volume of fluid in the shock. This reduces the risk of the fluid reaching a temperature where performance is affected negatively.

Dirtbikes have em usually.

Personally, I think it's overkill for a jeep. Most offroad is slow technical stuff, not high-speed desert racing. If you do the latter, then yeah, get the remote reservoirs
Old 03-19-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noot
I believe that all the "remote reservoir" does is increase the volume of fluid in the shock. This reduces the risk of the fluid reaching a temperature where performance is affected negatively.

Dirtbikes have em usually.

Personally, I think it's overkill for a jeep. Most offroad is slow technical stuff, not high-speed desert racing. If you do the latter, then yeah, get the remote reservoirs
Thanks, I was waiting for someone to talk me out of getting them. I think that was one of those things I wanted and didn't really need. And I don't have alot of high speed desert racing up here in the NY/NJ area.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:23 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGoose
Good choice. I am one of those few. I have the Full Traction lift and will not be buying anything from them again.
funny, i've done a search and have yet to find you make a single mention in your 34 posts as to what it was that made you so disgruntled. while i did see one post of yours regarding an upper shock mount bushing that was torn through, in my opinion, it was a simple case of you over tightening the mounting stud which is easy to do and a common mistake with newbies. aside from that, all your recent posts have been open ended slams against full traction and without any specific explanations why.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by RDY4RKS
I have the FT 6" Long Arm kit and could not be happier with it. There are many people on here running FT kits (including WOL) without any issues.
among other things, i have run the FT 3" ultimate, 4" ultimate and now the 6" long arm kit. as mentioned, i've had NO PROBLEMS with their kits and have found them to be one of the highest quality kits made today. likewise, due to their design, i have also found them to be kits that offer some of the most bind free flex around. if this is a kit that you are considering, i would highly recommend it.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
among other things, i have run the FT 3" ultimate, 4" ultimate and now the 6" long arm kit. as mentioned, i've had NO PROBLEMS with their kits and have found them to be one of the highest quality kits made today. likewise, due to their design, i have also found them to be kits that offer some of the most bind free flex around. if this is a kit that you are considering, i would highly recommend it.
It was actually one of the first kits I looked at and was considering. I just read a few posts online of people either having problems or bad customer service. Of course I take your word for it. And Ill add them to the list again. I was starting to scratch it off the list due to some of those posts. But then again thats a couple posts out of all of their lifts out there. Im actually starting to really confuse myself. I want 3.5 to 4.5 lift and Ill be running 35s for now. This is where Im at now. Im sure they are all great I am just comparing what I get in their full blown kits and price comparing. I have no problem with spending 3 to 5 grand I just want the most for the money. Im sure the final decision will be made when I go to OK 4WD to start getting this project rolling. Also I guess no one has any experience with ICON lifts?
1. Currie
2. Clayton
3. TeraFlex
4. and now Full Traction again

Last edited by wayoflifette; 03-19-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: edited blacklist reference
Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Mike De
It was actually one of the first kits I looked at and was considering. I just read a few posts online of people either having problems or bad customer service. Of course I take your word for it. And Ill add them to the list again. I was starting to scratch it off the list due to some of those posts. But then again thats a couple posts out of all of their lifts out there. Im actually starting to really confuse myself. I want 3.5 to 4.5 lift and Ill be running 35s for now. This is where Im at now. Im sure they are all great I am just comparing what I get in their full blown kits and price comparing. I have no problem with spending 3 to 5 grand I just want the most for the money. Im sure the final decision will be made when I go to OK 4WD to start getting this project rolling. Also I guess no one has any experience with ICON lifts?
1. Currie
2. Clayton
3. TeraFlex
4. and now Full Traction again
i have installed every single one of the kits that you have in your list and most i have installed several times. and, i say this with all sincerety, you really can't go wrong with any of them as they are all well made kits. if you have any specific questions about any of them, please let me know.

Last edited by wayoflife; 03-19-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok going out to OK4WD today to get some better ideas and hopefully come to some decisions. Anyone else want to chime in with any input on ANYTHING at all?
From what I gather most of the things I want are all pretty good companies. I need to stop my obsessing and just pull the trigger and get this ball rolling. But I did email Clayton last night and they are only about an hour away from me. Im in Rockland County NY at this time not Dirty Jersey. They can do my lift which I think is pretty cool to actually have the company do it.

Quick Reply: Doin up an Unlimited. Need input.