Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

This doesn't look right, should I be worried?

Old 01-03-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
your springs are not seated in their perches. did you happen to go wheeling after the coils were installed and if so, did you do a lot of flexing? if your shocks are too long, they could have allowed your coils to unseat and spin. if not, your shop didn't install them correctly and you should have them fix it.
Make sure to have the shop check shock length.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

DO::
You can buy a good set of coil spring comp. tools at Autozone (about $50) and return when your done for a full refund. I just did it today. I know it sounds sketchy but the Autozone guy suggested it.

Use a ratchet wrench. It works well and my 6gal air compressor could not keep up.

DON'T::
The Harbor Freight spring comp is junk. I got half way throught first sprin and sheared the drive pin. They are only $10 but do not work.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Seated properly:
Old 01-04-2011, 01:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by rapp
DO::
You can buy a good set of coil spring comp. tools at Autozone (about $50) and return when your done for a full refund. ....
A lot of auto parts places will loan the tools. In fact, AutoZone has been mentioned by folks here on the forum. Maybe this is just your place's way of doing that.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys for the informaiton. I took it back to the shop today and they told me that it was OK like that. I don't see me doing business there anymore.

I will run down to AutoZone tomorrow and get me a set of spring compressors and try it myself. I tried to flex it out today, but didn't have anything tall enough for me to get enough flex.

Joe002 - Thanks for the picture

Quick Reply: This doesn't look right, should I be worried?