Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Does having a 2in spring lift with factory shocks offer more flex? or just a lift?

Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does having a 2in spring lift with factory shocks offer more flex? or just a lift?

I have the Eibach Coil Leveling kit. It is 4 springs.
I installed Red Rubi take offs at the same time.

My total lift is 2inches in front and 1.5inches in the rear.

Why is this considered Zero benefit in the Flex department, yet Rock Krawler and Terraflex to name a few offer 2.5in lift kits with no shocks and advertise more flex.

Rock Krawler JK 2.5" Flex System - Suspension Lift Kits - Suspension

Thank you,
bigC
Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Longer than stock shocks increase droop/flex. Only installing taller coils with stock shocks won't increase droop. It's basically a ride height change even though it's "lifted" two inches.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigchelis
I have the Eibach Coil Leveling kit. It is 4 springs.
I installed Red Rubi take offs at the same time.

My total lift is 2inches in front and 1.5inches in the rear.

Why is this considered Zero benefit in the Flex department, yet Rock Krawler and Terraflex to name a few offer 2.5in lift kits with no shocks and advertise more flex.

Rock Krawler JK 2.5" Flex System - Suspension Lift Kits - Suspension

Thank you,
bigC
Actually TeraFlex doesn't make that claim. However you can buy a 2.5" minus the 2.5" shocks and add 3-4" shocks for more flex. With a leveling kit combined with stock shocks, your flex is still limited by the stock shocks lengths. Add a set of 2.5" shocks with a leveling kit for more flex, keep in mind that you will want to check your tire vs. fender clearance in case you decide to add some bumpstops.

Quick Reply: Does having a 2in spring lift with factory shocks offer more flex? or just a lift?