Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

does bent sway bar connecting piece on my axle affect anything? (pic)

Old 11-22-2014, 03:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does bent sway bar connecting piece on my axle affect anything? (pic)

i never go off road but i do hit the PA potholes apparently. i have a 4" skyjacker lift and 35's. how would i get this bent back or can it stay bent and not affect anything? thanks..

Old 11-22-2014, 03:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mount Tab? Looks fine to me but if you want it Ben, any tire shop should have s torch. Have them heat it up and bend it back. I had to go through that before.

sent from my work leash
Old 11-22-2014, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks bent to me. Same thing happened to me also. I just took the sway bar link off and grabbed the biggest crescent wrench I had a bent it back. Took 5 minutes and no money.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is bent. Point was its not going to hurt anything. I bent my links around the tie rod and it pushed the tabs out like that. I drove it like that for s while, bent them back when I sold it.

sent from my work leash
Old 11-22-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

like any metal if you bend it cold you will weaken it. I would leave it as was matt said.

Quick Reply: does bent sway bar connecting piece on my axle affect anything? (pic)