Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Does anyone run the Genright Elite double triangulated 4 link

Old 03-24-2015, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And which one do you guys like better? The genright or evo throwdown?
Old 03-25-2015, 04:33 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeper52
Do you think since i went with the mopar dana 60's that i will have issues since they designed the kit for curries?
Plan on all new brackets on the axle. Comparing the double throw down to the double trianulated is like comparing apples to oranges. Two totally different set ups and if you want the best go with the double triangulated.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeeper52
Yeah i wish i could do a full custom but i dont have the knowledge to do so or the finances to pay for someone elso to do it for me.
The Genright kit still requires a lot of fab work.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian13
What do people do for a fuel tank. I know genright offer their rear mounted tank.
This is where I ended up: Boyd Welding LLC ? Custom Aluminum Diesel Fuel and Gas Tanks

They make top quality stuff and it is custom to your design. Send them your stock pump and whatever else is going in it (breathers, etc), and they will build around it. The pump will be at the perfect depth and no problems with the float running into baffles, etc. Plus, the price is less than a Genright tank.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ChairRepairHeatnAir
The Genright kit still requires a lot of fab work.
Exactly - nearly as much as doing your own custom design. Only extra step they provide are crossmembers and brackets. Brackets are easy to buy. Crossmembers you have to make, but it isn't rocket science.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:16 AM
JK Jedi

When you say double throw down im assuming you just mean a lever style rear. I think the evo lever runs a 8 or 10" coilover. It needs a bypass to help alleviate the heat generated by just small coilovers in that setup. As dirt said 2 different animals and id also agree go double tri. There's alot that goes into setting up a lever suspension and I cant say ive even seen a custom one yet and believe evos the only company to offer one on the jk.

Last edited by Maertz; 03-25-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
If you can do the work, then just take design ideas form those of us who have gone to a double triangulated rear. It can be done fairly easily, it is just that when you start to want more exotic results that the challenging fab begins. It would take 30 min for you to understand a 4 link calculator and what you are targeting. The axle will be easy. That can be done in a day. You can always cheat a little at first to keep it from being in your garage for two months. Use a simple coilover kit until you have time to move them outboard. The time consuming part is cutting and grinding of old brackets. If you have a few friends that can bring their own and have a grinding party, it could be done in a day.' Oh, and doing it on a 4-door would be way easier. So much more real estate to work with.
Can you recommend a good resource for explaining suspension design and the 4 link calculator?
Old 03-25-2015, 09:03 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Tightdog

Can you recommend a good resource for explaining suspension design and the 4 link calculator?
Pirate4x4. Dirt also has a good link on it somewhee i believe also
Old 03-25-2015, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

If the GR kit is in you finances, I would go with it. I have seen their Terremoto up close with it and it's a very well laid out kit. While it is crazy expensive, it has much more to it than any other lift with the gas tank and full flat belly skid.

I am running a custom dt4 link, and love it. If you go this setup there should never be a need for an upgrade later.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do not run this kit but I can tell you from experience of wheeling with Tony and Jordan about 1 dozen times. That kit is extremely good. They are able to pass obstacles that stick my JK. and I think my JK is set up really good with 40's and coils, with 6 inch lift. I some day will upgrade to this kit, from a kit that people would say is dam near the best. That Genright set up is the best IMHO.

George

Quick Reply: Does anyone run the Genright Elite double triangulated 4 link