Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Does anyone run the Genright Elite double triangulated 4 link

Old 03-23-2015, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone run the Genright Elite double triangulated 4 link

Im seriously considering the GenRight kit but i cant find anyone who has it to see what they think of it. Spending that kind of money without hearing what anyone has to say about it is tough. I almost pulled the trigger on the evo double throwdown but im giving it one last shot on the genright. If you have experience with it please let me know i will be pulling the trigger on one this week.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump, anyone???
Old 03-23-2015, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a well designed system, but for 20k you're better off taking it to a shop for a full custom suspension and 1 ton axles, and you'll probably still come out ahead.

I haven't heard of anyone who has bit the bullet and purchased the kit yet
Old 03-23-2015, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
Its a well designed system, but for 20k you're better off taking it to a shop for a full custom suspension and 1 ton axles, and you'll probably still come out ahead.

I haven't heard of anyone who has bit the bullet and purchased the kit yet

Yeah its spendy but not $20k well maybe installed for that. I bought the new mopar ultimate dana 60's already and the suspension is the last thing. The only way i can come even close to affording it is if i do the laybor myself saving about $8k
Old 03-23-2015, 06:37 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeeper52
Yeah its spendy but not $20k well maybe installed for that. I bought the new mopar ultimate dana 60's already and the suspension is the last thing. The only way i can come even close to affording it is if i do the laybor myself saving about $8k
I hadn't looked at that kit in a long time, but I thought I recalled it being $15k before the coilovers. My bad.

If it were me, I'd still say go the custom route, but the Genright set up really is the most complete suspension you could buy. Not to mention the only "kit" i've seen that offers a real flat belly.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah i wish i could do a full custom but i dont have the knowledge to do so or the finances to pay for someone elso to do it for me.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeeper52
If you can do the work, then just take design ideas form those of us who have gone to a double triangulated rear. It can be done fairly easily, it is just that when you start to want more exotic results that the challenging fab begins. It would take 30 min for you to understand a 4 link calculator and what you are targeting. The axle will be easy. That can be done in a day. You can always cheat a little at first to keep it from being in your garage for two months. Use a simple coilover kit until you have time to move them outboard.

The time consuming part is cutting and grinding of old brackets. If you have a few friends that can bring their own and have a grinding party, it could be done in a day.'

Oh, and doing it on a 4-door would be way easier. So much more real estate to work with.

Last edited by Invest2m4; 03-24-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

What do people do for a fuel tank. I know genright offer their rear mounted tank.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:04 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Fuel cell. And the genright kit is designed for currie tons so you need to add those things in the mix. I would price it closer to 30K all said and done out the door
Old 03-24-2015, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Fuel cell. And the genright kit is designed for currie tons so you need to add those things in the mix. I would price it closer to 30K all said and done out the door
Do you think since i went with the mopar dana 60's that i will have issues since they designed the kit for curries?

Quick Reply: Does anyone run the Genright Elite double triangulated 4 link