Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Does anyone run 40's on a DAILY DRIVER?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:01 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadking
Thanks, this is what I meant. Still haven't heard from a bunch of the guys with 40's, PMed a few guys with 40's, no response back. Come on guys! We want to hear from the guys that have had them for a while.
Thanks,
Chris
i run 40's and responded

Last edited by wayoflife; 11-11-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i run 40's and responded

I only run 37's so I stayed off the porch!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 37s and for the past two weeks the jeep is been killikng me with the gas, I haven't changed the gears yet, but I can't wait to get my dd back, I honestly don't think I could use my jeep for everyday.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry I completely missed your post. So being that you have both the JK on 40's and the JK on 35's, how would you compare the highway driving and everyday handling between the two? You said that you drive the JK with 35's to save money on tires, would you drive the JK on 40's all the time if the tires were the same price? Thanks for the help. Bye the way your JK is awesome! The JK on 40's is definitely the best looking!

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i run 40's and responded

Old 11-12-2009, 06:53 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadking
Sorry I completely missed your post. So being that you have both the JK on 40's and the JK on 35's, how would you compare the highway driving and everyday handling between the two? You said that you drive the JK with 35's to save money on tires, would you drive the JK on 40's all the time if the tires were the same price? Thanks for the help. Bye the way your JK is awesome! The JK on 40's is definitely the best looking!
if money weren't an issue, yes, i would drive my JK with 40's all the time. hell, i pretty much do anyway as it's so much fun but try to make an effort not to so i can save my tires. honestly, with the evo coilovers, the ride is better than stock and so long as you have a ram assist like i do, manuvering in tight parking spots isn't too bad either.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All of the obvious disadvantages to 40" tires are there...bad gas mileage, loss of engine power, expensive to replace tires, can't fit into a parking garage....yadda yadda yadda.

I do it because it is BADASS!!!

Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow! Now that's a jeep!

Quick Reply: Does anyone run 40's on a DAILY DRIVER?