Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Does anyone run 40's on a DAILY DRIVER?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone run 40's on a DAILY DRIVER?

I'm just curious if anyone has actually tried to run 40's on their daily driver and how it was compared to 37's or even factory. A couple of the lift companies said there is not a whole lot of difference on the highway with a longarm kit in comparison to 37's. I'm wondering if this is true. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Roadking
I'm just curious if anyone has actually tried to run 40's on their daily driver and how it was compared to 37's or even factory. A couple of the lift companies said there is not a whole lot of difference on the highway with a longarm kit in comparison to 37's. I'm wondering if this is true. Thanks everyone.

I was in this same spot, and what helped push me over the edge was two things...the power loss with 40's and the cost of replacing those tires!! 40" MTRs are $475 each!

I would agree that the ride quality is likely not bad with a good quality long arm kit, and if your pocket is deep enough go for it. In all honesty, i will go to 40" MTRs once I can afford to replace the engine with a hemi.

That will be stage II build for me
Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 AM
JK Junkie

Ask WOL, evolution, and JPTwinz. They all run 40"+ all day everyday.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Roadking
my guess is the company doesnt have a long arm kit out yet.

theres a big difference in ride quality between the short and the long arm. of course, My experience is with the two door JK.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

37's are more managable but 40's can be done. i do it but unless but would highly recommend that you install a ram assist to help you steer it. you should also know that the price difference for 40's can be huge. for toyo's, on the low side of things, you're looking at about $700 a piece and they'll still wear out about as fast as a 37.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
37's are more managable but 40's can be done. i do it but unless but would highly recommend that you install a ram assist to help you steer it. you should also know that the price difference for 40's can be huge. for toyo's, on the low side of things, you're looking at about $700 a piece and they'll still wear out about as fast as a 37.
if I was daily driving, Id stick with 35's. I love my 37's but price wise it is not cost effective to beat the pavement up with em.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:05 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stangjeeper
if I was daily driving, Id stick with 35's. I love my 37's but price wise it is not cost effective to beat the pavement up with em.
and, that's probably the biggest reason why i try to drive our orange JK more as it is on 35's
Old 11-11-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
my guess is the company doesnt have a long arm kit out yet.

theres a big difference in ride quality between the short and the long arm. of course, My experience is with the two door JK.
I don't think he said anything about comparing Short arm to long arm
I think he was saying that with a long arm the ride would be very similar between 37s and 40s
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by robin
I think he was saying that with a long arm the ride would be very similar between 37s and 40s
i assumed he was talking about both, why else would he throw the long arm out there.

Of course, the jeeps going to ride different on 37's-40's
Old 11-11-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin
Thanks, this is what I meant. Still haven't heard from a bunch of the guys with 40's, PMed a few guys with 40's, no response back. Come on guys! We want to hear from the guys that have had them for a while.
Thanks,
Chris

Quick Reply: Does anyone run 40's on a DAILY DRIVER?