Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Does Anybody here have a Device to Turn of My ESP? (Los Angeles)

Old 02-11-2015, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its just a simple toggle switch,, you can get it at radio Shack, Frys,Home Depot, Ace, or any auto store.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

so theres no way to adjust the sensors on the bottom of the Jeep? something must have been changed when the tires got rotated.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

unless they ripped a wheel speed sensor wire, theres nothing that would be changed by a tire rotation. Did you straighten the steering wheel like people told you in your last thread?
Old 02-11-2015, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
unless they ripped a wheel speed sensor wire, theres nothing that would be changed by a tire rotation. Did you straighten the steering wheel like people told you in your last thread?
nah, i have my 4 year old with me for the next 2 weeks - cause his mom is out of town
Old 02-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

If you don't have any warning lights it's most likely the steering wheel isn't centered. Only takes a couple minutes and a 15 mm wrench.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:54 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Yeah it's probably just your steering wheel off center if you haven't even done/checked that. That would be the 1st step. Done deal in 15 minutes.

If you've got the little kid, the last thing I would be messing with is the ESP mod switch or just cutting the wire and leaving it open entirely.

Attachment 596449

Last edited by DJ1; 02-11-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

During mud and snow super fun times, I disable mine completely with the factory switch. Mine is a 2013, so I don't require the steering wheel back and forth thing, but not sure if this would work for you or not.

With my Jeep completely still and out of gear (not sure if P or N will work for automatics), I press and hold my ESC button until my dash reads "ESCOFF". This is different than just clicking the button once and seeing the little icon light up on my gauge cluster. This is one step further and completely disables this nanny feature until I turn off and start my Jeep back up.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Terry Hesticles
During mud and snow super fun times, I disable mine completely with the factory switch. Mine is a 2013, so I don't require the steering wheel back and forth thing, but not sure if this would work for you or not.

With my Jeep completely still and out of gear (not sure if P or N will work for automatics), I press and hold my ESC button until my dash reads "ESCOFF". This is different than just clicking the button once and seeing the little icon light up on my gauge cluster. This is one step further and completely disables this nanny feature until I turn off and start my Jeep back up.

I've tried doing the wheel dance and the button push but Im thinking things are differnt in my 2007.

Putting a kill switch in it still doesnt solve any problems because I drive on the street 99% of the time. Its mostly used as a daily driver. I just need to dial down the sensativity so I dont have to drive 5mphs around every corner. I have a 4 year old in the back in a car seat so I dont want to kill it off completely when I drive with him.

I'll check the steering when I can get a chance but I wont have any free time for another 3 weeks.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShiftKnowledge
I'll check the steering when I can get a chance but I wont have any free time for another 3 weeks.
I would put my money on this being your problem. The ESP isn't having a problem, it's a symptom of another problem which is likely that the steering wheel isn't straight. You can't use the money you were going to give someone to turn off the ESP to get a babysitter for an hour or two while you straighten the wheel?
Old 02-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Teach your four year old how to wrench on the Jeep and straighten the steering wheel. Starting to think you like the Jeep drama.

Quick Reply: Does Anybody here have a Device to Turn of My ESP? (Los Angeles)