Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Does any runnthe mangaflow 15160 exhuast on there JKU?

Old 03-21-2016, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
It did feel like the engine was breathing better...less restrictive. Anytime you increase the air throughput of an engine you will use more fuel. That's how it works. The air is mixed with fuel or the fuel is mixed with air, whatever your preference. I also went with a less restrictive air filter at the same time. More air in requires more air out. More air through the giant air pump we call an internal combustion engine the more the fuel we have to mix with it for the proper air/fuel ratio. The return we get is performance, not economy. If economy is what you are looking for, I would stay with stock. The factory has spent bunches of money trying to make the vehicle as fuel efficient as possible in it's category to meet or exceed government standards and therefore pay less in penalties/taxes.
I agree with you, however, my back pressure has changed for the worse...it feels more restrictive.......I wouldn't mind the poor mpg if it were running better.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yours went the other way. That doesn't sound right. Did you make any changes to the intake side?
Old 03-22-2016, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Yours went the other way. That doesn't sound right. Did you make any changes to the intake side?
nope, no other changes
Old 03-23-2016, 07:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m4belisle
does it feel like the back pressure has changed since you put this one? something is definitely different with the pressure in mine, but can't really put my finger on it....mileage seems to have actually gotten worse as well.....i really like the look, but thinking I may have to go back to stock :(
Originally Posted by m4belisle
I agree with you, however, my back pressure has changed for the worse...it feels more restrictive.......I wouldn't mind the poor mpg if it were running better.
That is interesting. The 15160 is an axle back system, which does not change the center resonator or catalytic converters, so it should not impact your fuel economy or back pressure. Have you checked your exhaust for any leaks, not only at the axleback, but all the way up to the headers?

Quick Reply: Does any runnthe mangaflow 15160 exhuast on there JKU?