Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Does any runnthe mangaflow 15160 exhuast on there JKU?

Old 03-10-2016, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very happy with this exhaust. Gives me a reason to turn off the radio and remember why I got a manual...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	640178  
Old 03-10-2016, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jordy
The smashing thing isn't limited to a single brand from what I've seen, but rather it's across the board. Went to an offroad show a while back in AZ and probably half the Jeeps they were showcasing for suspension, tires, lights, seatcovers, etc. had the rear exit exhaust tips that had been drug across terrain and deformed, some to the point that the lack of performance due to being 90% smashed shut, had to be noticeable. Just something to think about from an exhaust design standpoint. Mine actually exits up under the Jeep, in front of the rear axle due to the rear suspension, and above the skid plates, so it's safe from the normal offroad issues.
i know this may sound stupid, but please keep a CO2 detector in your vehicle. If it does not get dropped off at the body panel sides or rear it will find its way into your cab. Mainly if you were to get stuck and in one position for an extended amount if time with the motor running. Just a safety tip.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by busa250
i know this may sound stupid, but please keep a CO2 detector in your vehicle. If it does not get dropped off at the body panel sides or rear it will find its way into your cab. Mainly if you were to get stuck and in one position for an extended amount if time with the motor running. Just a safety tip.
Not stupid at all. I run half doors and a bikini top pretty much year round so it's not anything I'm concerned about. I'd have to be in one place with dead still air for a few days to get enough exposure to even start to be concerned about. Good looking out though.

The reality of it is, going out the back has more probability of being sucked back into the cab based upon the vortex created by the square body as you're going down the trail. Again, it would take a long time in a pretty controlled environment with no wind currents for it to have any noticeable effect. Oh, and I'm also a contractor and have done all the confined space and gas level monitoring training over the years. It's a must before you send someone down to work on a live sewer manhole.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MagnaFlow
Great clip! The rear of your car looks mean.
you realize anytime you call a jeep a car that an innocent kitten dies, right?
Old 03-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jordy
The smashing thing isn't limited to a single brand from what I've seen, but rather it's across the board. Went to an offroad show a while back in AZ and probably half the Jeeps they were showcasing for suspension, tires, lights, seatcovers, etc. had the rear exit exhaust tips that had been drug across terrain and deformed, some to the point that the lack of performance due to being 90% smashed shut, had to be noticeable.

Just something to think about from an exhaust design standpoint. Mine actually exits up under the Jeep, in front of the rear axle due to the rear suspension, and above the skid plates, so it's safe from the normal offroad issues.
We agree; any rear exit exhaust will take some damage if your doing serious crawling. We offer an Off-Road Pro Series Catback (17144) that exit underneath the car for those who prefer that style!

Originally Posted by RAMbone
Very happy with this exhaust. Gives me a reason to turn off the radio and remember why I got a manual...
We love hearing feedback like this! Glad to hear that you like it!
Old 03-15-2016, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MagnaFlow
We agree; any rear exit exhaust will take some damage if your doing serious crawling. We offer an Off-Road Pro Series Catback (17144) that exit underneath the car for those who prefer that style!

We love hearing feedback like this! Glad to hear that you like it!

any thoughts on if I wanted to make it a little quieter? maybe adding a resonator? would love to hear any suggestions you might have.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m4belisle
any thoughts on if I wanted to make it a little quieter? maybe adding a resonator? would love to hear any suggestions you might have.
Adding another resonator after the stock one will bring the volume down a bit. If you wanted just a small change, one of our 5x8x18" oval units should do the trick.

Last edited by MagnaFlow; 03-16-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Love mine. I don't find it too loud at all.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Love mine. I don't find it too loud at all.

does it feel like the back pressure has changed since you put this one? something is definitely different with the pressure in mine, but can't really put my finger on it....mileage seems to have actually gotten worse as well.....i really like the look, but thinking I may have to go back to stock :(
Old 03-21-2016, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by m4belisle
does it feel like the back pressure has changed since you put this one? something is definitely different with the pressure in mine, but can't really put my finger on it....mileage seems to have actually gotten worse as well.....i really like the look, but thinking I may have to go back to stock :(
It did feel like the engine was breathing better...less restrictive. Anytime you increase the air throughput of an engine you will use more fuel. That's how it works. The air is mixed with fuel or the fuel is mixed with air, whatever your preference. I also went with a less restrictive air filter at the same time. More air in requires more air out. More air through the giant air pump we call an internal combustion engine the more the fuel we have to mix with it for the proper air/fuel ratio. The return we get is performance, not economy. If economy is what you are looking for, I would stay with stock. The factory has spent bunches of money trying to make the vehicle as fuel efficient as possible in it's category to meet or exceed government standards and therefore pay less in penalties/taxes.

Quick Reply: Does any runnthe mangaflow 15160 exhuast on there JKU?