Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

does any one have pictures of teraflex hd forged trac bar installed??

Old 03-16-2009, 06:43 PM
dd2
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for all the advice so far. I did switch the tracbar so it is installed correctly . I also found the axles weren't quite centered afterwards so I recentered with the trac bar in the correct installed position. Had the jeep realigned , retorqued trac bar to 125 ft-lb. same problem hit a transition and it feels like the jeep will make the tires fly off (death wobble).
Got home today after talking to teraflex(great customer support) Jacked the jeep up so front suspension was off the ground. I went through and checked all the bars, checked for any slop in steering or suspension, retorqued trac bar to 140ft-lbs, rotated rear tires with front tires(front tires were worn funny-cupped). checked ball joints. everything is tight. took the jeep for another 15 min test drive and hit the same dreaded transition in the road, wobble is still there. tire pressure is 31 psi with stock tires. 5 degrees positive caster. I am at a loss. Mount for trac bar dont have any visible signs of cracks and mounts still look round.

Quick Reply: does any one have pictures of teraflex hd forged trac bar installed??