Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dodge Ram 1500 diff/tubes/axle swap?

Old 12-03-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WXman
You've got a 1500 with a D60 rear? I thought the Rams got D44s front/rear or the Chrysler 9.25 rear?

Turns out, you are correct. Now the question is, is the 9.25 even worth the trouble? The limited availabilty of gear choices makes me think not. I am going have to kick around a couple different things now.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

The front is vacuum disconnect also which isn't really desirable.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

And I finally got around to doing a quick measurement... The axles on the Ram are almost a foot wider. Were I looking 2-3" of additional width on each side, I could probably handle that. At ~6" each side, I just don't think I could run that on the street. If I was looking to make a dedicated crawler, sure. Some of the rigs I've found online, with full sized axles, look pretty badass.

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram 1500 diff/tubes/axle swap?