Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which do you recommend?

Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very happy with my BDS springs. I got a solid 4.5" of lift. I am just going to go with the RC 1.25" BL. Did anyone put this on them selves? How difficult was it and did you run into anything out of the ordinary? Can't wait to be taller.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

I self installed. Because of my lift I had to use a solid cinder block on top of my jack against the rubi rails to lift the sides up high enough. A high-lift would make the job a lot easier. Pretty straight forward install, loosen all bolts, knock off stock bolts and replace with bolts&pucks, then install, lower and repeat for the other side. Torque spec all the bolts, drive for 500miles and then re-check center mounting bolts. The directions that came with the kit were pretty well done. Should take 2-5 hours solo.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by runit3
I self installed. Because of my lift I had to use a solid cinder block on top of my jack against the rubi rails to lift the sides up high enough. A high-lift would make the job a lot easier. Pretty straight forward install, loosen all bolts, knock off stock bolts and replace with bolts&pucks, then install, lower and repeat for the other side. Torque spec all the bolts, drive for 500miles and then re-check center mounting bolts. The directions that came with the kit were pretty well done. Should take 2-5 hours solo.
Ok thanks for the imput. Thats the lift I'll be going with.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did my bodyift in an hour, actually took another 30min cause I had to run to the hardware store and get a 3lb maul
Old 05-25-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I did my bodyift in an hour, actually took another 30min cause I had to run to the hardware store and get a 3lb maul
Your the man! Come help with mine!

Quick Reply: Which do you recommend?