Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which do you recommend?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which do you recommend?

What do you guys recommend?? I have an 09 4 Door rubicon on a 4.5" BDS lift with 35's. I am looking to go a little bit bigger. How much body lift is reasonable and what brand? Or should I just go the route of like a 2" budget boost or something along those lines? What are your guys suggestions? Thanks

Heres the rig so far.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-24-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ejyjk
What do you guys recommend?? I have an 09 4 Door rubicon on a 4.5" BDS lift with 35's. I am looking to go a little bit bigger. How much body lift is reasonable and what brand? Or should I just go the route of like a 2" budget boost or something along those lines? What are your guys suggestions? Thanks

Heres the rig so far.

[IMG][/IMG]
I have read 2 inch BL are pretty apparent, try the 1 inch and see if thats enough...if you want more just buy some 1 inch spacer pucks. That is going to be alot of lift though, have you already changed out your driveshafts, control arms etc? Nice rig btw

Last edited by Bosox5; 05-24-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

yes im keeping my 4.10's. I have front and rear JKS adjustable trackbars. I have front lowers and rear lower control arms. Planning on getting adjustable though. Dont just want to do the flat flares. I want more height
Old 05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put 40's and flat flares, you'll be higher.

edit: saw you wanna stay with 4.10's, put 33's and flat flares, you'll look higher at least.haha

Last edited by mkjeep; 05-24-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Put 40's and flat flares, you'll be higher.

edit: saw you wanna stay with 4.10's, put 33's and flat flares, you'll look higher at least.haha
haha SIKE. more like put 40s with flat fenders and be sluggish. hahaha
Old 05-24-2010, 10:38 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Which components do you currently have? And what will the impact be if you add coil spacers?

-Do you have fixed ca's, or did you upgrade to adjustables? If fixed, you have no way to adjust the caster for the added height. If adj, can they go long enough to get your caster back in spec?
-Track bar brackets, and not adj's, correct? How will you re-center the axles?
-Brake line spacers, right? Will the extra height snap the lines off the frame? Or will you need to add longer lines?
-Non-Adjustable links? How are you going to keep the swaybars level?

-Still on the stock driveshafts?? Plan on replacing both!

A body lift or flat flares may be a better way to go...
Old 05-25-2010, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

yeah. how much body lift do you recommend that is a good bit but not showing too much of a gap?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

I would rec the Rough Country 1.25", it's also cheaper than almost any BL out there. I thought about the 2" Performance Accessories BL but the gap would've been huge and I really don't need to be that tall, I'm only planning on 38.5" tires w/trimmed stock flares. Here's some pictures of the rear gap, the front isn't noticeable w/my shrockworks bumper, not sure how your stocker would look.

Last edited by runit3; 05-25-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Junkie

If you went with a TF 3" or 4" springs they would give you more lift than the BDS 4.5" springs then you could skip the body lift all together and easily articulate those 35s. Not sure if you have them yet or not, but you would also need LCAs and a adjustable trackbar too. Just a thought, I've never been a fan of bodylifts on trucks so I try to stay away from them on my Jeep too.

TF 3" and flat fenders and you could fit 37s if you wanted, 4" springs and easily fit 37s or bigger.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the BDS 3" lift on mine, was'nt happy with it, went to a progressive rate 3" spring from another company,,, there was a huge difference in the springs!!!!
I'm not sure why you would want more than a 4.5" lift if you are gonna run 35"s???
But if you went with another company's springs, you would probably get more lift than a 1" body lift will give you.... any more than a 1" body lift and you will have a pretty good gap!!!!
I don't know why the BDS springs are shorter ( 3" vs. 3" ) but I bet the new springs ( on the floor ) were 3" taller... I know that progressive rate springs are a bit softer so I lost an inch of that but I gained a whole 1.75 " of lift over the BDS springs......
You will also want to look at you're drive shaft angles and maybe some adj. control arms......

Quick Reply: Which do you recommend?