Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do you have Rugged Ridge Rocker light Switch?

Old 05-15-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have Rugged Ridge Rocker light Switch?

I just installed two of Rugged Ridge Rocker light Switches for the D2s and Ebar. The lights on these are ALWAYS on, even when there is no key in the ignition and the switch in OFF position . Is that normal? Would it not drain the battery in a day or two?
Old 05-16-2014, 02:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SFBayArea
I just installed two of Rugged Ridge Rocker light Switches for the D2s and Ebar. The lights on these are ALWAYS on, even when there is no key in the ignition and the switch in OFF position . Is that normal? Would it not drain the battery in a day or two?
Just reverse the power in power out wires on the switch connectors.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The light on the switch should not be on unless the switch itself is on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RR switch detail.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	553262
Old 05-16-2014, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
Just reverse the power in power out wires on the switch connectors.
Last time I tried reversing wires on the switch, I blew off the fuse on the both D2 and Ebar. Rigid Industries wiring comes with three wires - black, blue, red. According to the Rigid schematics Black wire goes to the "golden" pin - the one that stays bit away from other two, blue wire goes to the middle pin and red to the last third pin. Which of these wires I should switch to which pins?

Thank you!
Old 05-16-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SFBayArea

Last time I tried reversing wires on the switch, I blew off the fuse on the both D2 and Ebar. Rigid Industries wiring comes with three wires - black, blue, red. According to the Rigid schematics Black wire goes to the "golden" pin - the one that stays bit away from other two, blue wire goes to the middle pin and red to the last third pin. Which of these wires I should switch to which pins?

Thank you!
If you go to JK lighting and electrical forum on here there is a write up on the D2s it explains the wiring for a illuminated rocker switch. Check it out.....
I have daystar switches and I had to switch the wires around so mine didn't stay lit all the time to......

Quick Reply: Do you have Rugged Ridge Rocker light Switch?