Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

do you guys keep your rear sway bar on after lift??

Old 09-18-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do you guys keep your rear sway bar on after lift??

I was just wondering if people run the rear sway bar? My rear links make alot of noise and was wanting to just take the sway bar off all together. Just wanting to know how it rides without it. This is my first jeep with coils so not sure how much the rear sway bar effects things.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Junkie

Most of us run rear bars. It's thin enough that it doesn't limit flex much and it does add some stability.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran 5" of lift and no sway bars for a while. It's not a problem, you just have to drive accordingly. I recently took the rear sway bar, cut it down, gusseted it, rewelded it together and mounted it up front.

It gives me a little less body roll than having no sway bar and still have full travel of suspension.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran without a rear swaybar for a while after bending it. It does help with off camber conditions and sway on the highway. I prefer it on since I run a AntiRock in the front.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

If yours is making noise then check your sway bar connect's bushings. I had to re-torque one of mine recently and it was clinking on bumps.

Quick Reply: do you guys keep your rear sway bar on after lift??