Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do these 2dr Shrockworks Rock Rails look right?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark9998
Im gonna do this to my JCR rails this spring, how has yours held up since you did it in 2008 it looks like? Im assuming you probably need to touch them up from time to time especially if you do a lot of wheelin?
I took them off to do the pinch seam "mod" about two years ago ---->> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post1497962

At that time prior to reinstalling, I bedlined them again to pristine condition. If I stayed off of gnarly trails, the rails would still look like the day I sprayed them, but I'm often out on the rocks and they evidence indications of contact. I just spray those areas with a dull black Rustoleum which holds them over till the next bedlining treatment.

Bottom line: I've been extremely pleased with the Dupli-color product (its held up well, hasn't faded, and matches the fenders). If I had it to do over, I would do the exact same thing again. If you go this route, don't take shortcuts . . . good preparation is your friend.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
I took them off to do the pinch seam "mod" about two years ago ---->> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post1497962

At that time prior to reinstalling, I bedlined them again to pristine condition. If I stayed off of gnarly trails, the rails would still look like the day I sprayed them, but I'm often out on the rocks and they evidence indications of contact. I just spray those areas with a dull black Rustoleum which holds them over till the next bedlining treatment.

Bottom line: I've been extremely pleased with the Dupli-color product (its held up well, hasn't faded, and matches the fenders). If I had it to do over, I would do the exact same thing again. If you go this route, don't take shortcuts . . . good preparation is your friend.
Awesome thats what I wanted to hear, Im all over this when I ever get around to pulling my rails off. Sounds like a good way to go for bumpers too I like the idea of being able to touch up with a rattle can because if you wheel you know scratches are inevitable!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mark9998
Sounds like a good way to go for bumpers too I like the idea of being able to touch up with a rattle can because if you wheel you know scratches are inevitable!
Funny you should say that . . . https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...dliner-coating.

Quick Reply: Do these 2dr Shrockworks Rock Rails look right?