Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do these 2dr Shrockworks Rock Rails look right?

Old 11-15-2008, 02:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCKnauer22
hmmm, i like these. might have to ditch the ol rubi rails and fork over some ducketts. can't wait to see em finished
x2 on the finished part!! I pulled off my Rubi rails to install these. I toyed with the idea of having Shrockworks modify their rails to accommodate the stock ones, but when I chatted with Kevin (?) about it, he said that other than "hiding" the body seam, there wasn't really any advantage in doing so. Since someone has already posted something about masking the seam, I decided to pull mine and will sell them.

Here's another pic of the driver's side:
Old 11-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCKnauer22
hmmm, i like these. might have to ditch the ol rubi rails and fork over some ducketts. can't wait to see em finished
You can keep the stock rails. They do good at hiding the pinch seam. Just tell Shrockworks that you want to keep your stock rails. They'll know what to do.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

i was thinking about doing the same thing actually. just randomly occurred to me while sitting in traffic today. i just really like the look of these plus the functionality of having a step. not that i don't like the stock rubi rails, but i'd much rather have these. i'll sell my other ones to my buddy. if not, someone on here will take em. this is all in time tho. i must first wait for some cash to accumulate.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Default Shrockworks Rock Rail Progress

Have one of the rails finished; the other is sanded, wiped down, and ready for its bedliner coat.

Here's a couple pics of the progress. I like how it's turning out so far.

Before and after comparison (you can also see some of the stuff I used for the job) :

Close-up of the texture:
Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's a pic of my new shrockworks sliders. I had the body of my JK & rails sprayed today with rhino liner.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by doc307
Here's a pic of my new shrockworks sliders. I had the body of my JK & rails sprayed today with rhino liner.
Looks good.
I may just line the pinch seam initially, and see how that looks. May go as high as yours if coating just the pinch seam looks odd. How did you decide how far up the body you wanted it lined?

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 11-17-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Just like Steve&2jc's post I was scratching the paint getting in and out of the jeep so I wanted that part lined as well. I was not sure how it was going to turn out. I like it though.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

Default More Duplicolor Bedlined Shrockwork Rock Rail pics:

Passenger side rail temporarily mounted:

Closeup of mounting bracket area (holes are already drilled, will bolt everything once coating has cured a bit more):

From the side:
Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SONIC
nice!
id let those sit for a good 2-3 days before you mount them up and step on them. that stuff is tough, but it takes a while to fully cure
Thanks for the tip. They're off the JK for now, and hopefully curing nicely. After seeing a thin spot of coating in one of my pics upstream, I also got a bright light and really went over them again to insure they were well coated.

I'm very happy with the texture. They feel rough (gritty) to the touch, and if the bedliner performs as expected, shouldn't be too slippery even if wet.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Junkie

Default Bedlined the Pinch Seam Too!!

Well I've got the rails mounted, but not before sanding, cleaning, and bedlining the pinch seam. I really like the way everything turned out. In fact, went back to one of our FLAPS, and bought a couple more cans of Duplicolor - spraying this stuff is addictive. I keep thinking of more parts that need protection.

Will post one or two final pics when we get a sunny day here (and I get a chance to take some outside shots).

Quick Reply: Do these 2dr Shrockworks Rock Rails look right?