Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do these 2dr Shrockworks Rock Rails look right?

Old 11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do these 2dr Shrockworks Rock Rails look right?

Sorry for the newbie question here - I recently got my 2dr Shrockworks Rock Rails which are very sturdy, wonderful, etc . . . but the mounting brackets on the rails aren't symmetrical. Thought that the mounting bracket circled in yellow would be lined up with the other rail's bracket (red line).

Just sort of surprised me, but I admit I haven't began installation yet, or taken an in depth look at the instructions. The brief glance of the instructions I did make didn't show any pics of the different bracket locations. Any of you guys already installed these on a 2 door, and if so, are your bracket locations the same as these in the pic? Thanks.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

The top one may be the passenger side one. The gas tank prevents you from getting a bolt through...
Old 11-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Former Vendor

you are good to go. If they were symetrical you'd be having issues.

Nick
Old 11-14-2008, 05:01 AM
JK Junkie

Ya that's the way mine are too
And they are SOLID!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
You are good to go. If they were symmetrical you'd be having issues.

Nick
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've cleaned them with Acetone, and am in the process of priming them.

On another note, one of the rails has the letters DM lightly "stamped" into it, and the other PM: Driver _____ and Passenger _____ ?
Old 11-14-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Mine are the same. Start bolting things up, you'll see why.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
X2 - I just installed my this afternoon. They look the same as your picture and they feel much more solid than the step rails I took off.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Great, thanks.

Originally Posted by doc307
X2 - I just installed mine this afternoon. They look the same as your picture and they feel much more solid than the step rails I took off.
Good to know. Sounds like it's time to update your signature.

After primer has dried, I'm going to coat them with the Dupli-color bedliner spray. Then it's time to remove the Rubi rails, drill a few holes, and attach these.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Junkie

Default Rock Rails Installation

Another newbie question:

The nut on these two parts is attached differently one from the other. Are they interchangeable, or are they meant for a specific side of the vehicle?
Edit: Please ignore dumb question - I figured it out. Well, at least I warned you guys about being a newbie. While I'm making a fool of myself, I have to confess that I thought seriously about priming the stick nuts as they looked very susceptible to rust (in the below pic you can see some spots of rust already on them).

Primed the rails in a color other than black so I could both tell if I was missing any spots, and also to make it easier when I follow up with the external protective coat (black Dupli-color bedliner). Anyway, snapped a few pics - it's easier to get a feel for what they look like when not painted black.

This is a pic of the passenger side rail primed (you can see how beefy they are when compared to the can of primer):

Here's the Driver's side rail mounted temporarily in order to measure for the new bolt holes in the frame:

A pic of the mounting bracket on the frame (sorry for the mud, it's been raining at the mall recently ):

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 11-15-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

hmmm, i like these. might have to ditch the ol rubi rails and fork over some ducketts. can't wait to see em finished

Quick Reply: Do these 2dr Shrockworks Rock Rails look right?