Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do the Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails look too small vs the ACE and Rubi rails?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do the Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails look too small vs the ACE and Rubi rails?

Order my JKU Silver Sahara this morning. Already ordered the AEV Premium Front Bumper, Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, AEV 3.5 Lift, 18" Wheels and 35" Duratracs, and MORE!!! Can't wait

With the add ons above would the Mopar "Enhanced" Rails look to small compared to the ACE rails with the stock Rubi rails? I haven't seen either in person. The Mopar version looks to have a smaller tube diameter but looks more sleek as the tube is at the same height and next to the rail not angled up from below the Rubi rail like the ACE is.

I really have no clue since I can't see them, don't have the JKU yet or the bumpers since they were just ordered.

As for use.....I really don't need one to hold up better than the other as I will not be rock crawling or anything dangerous. I was just looking for which one looked best.

Mopar

Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	2216
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	258654

ACE and Rubi

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00031-20100916-1622.jpg
Views:	3361
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	258641

Last edited by kneeman; 01-04-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I personally think they(mopar) look better. I don't understand the ace sliders and why people run a slider to protect their slider.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry, both pictures were of the ACE, I just corrected it.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spedly
I personally think they(mopar) look better. I don't understand the ace sliders and why people run a slider to protect their slider.

Hmm, let me know how those stock sliders work in the real world. Not something I would risk. The ACE Rails are solid, look good, and serve as a great step for my wife
Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

A lot of people love the ACE rails because they are cheap to buy and they all rave about the warranty.

Problem for me is that the warranty doesn't cover the body damage to your Jeep and maybe even the body mounts you may suffer if you take a big enough hit on the ACE rails.

So between the two you asked about, I would choose the Mopar enhanced rails because they are OEM quality and a good match to the AEV parts you are already planning.

If it were my Jeep (and your money!), I would buy the LoD frame mounted sliders as they would be among the best quality aftermarket parts available, like AEV.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have both the ace and the rubi rails on my 11 2dr..... I've hit them hard but I don't trust the rubber mounts.... They tend to have to be retightened after every wheeling trip.... I will be switching to a body step kinda slider
Old 01-05-2012, 02:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mnm327
Hmm, let me know how those stock sliders work in the real world. Not something I would risk. The ACE Rails are solid, look good, and serve as a great step for my wife
The op said he doesn't care about how much protection they offer.

I've personally seen ace rails bend so I don't have much confidence in them working out well either.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spedly
The op said he doesn't care about how much protection they offer.

I've personally seen ace rails bend so I don't have much confidence in them working out well either.
you've seen them bend? really? they're about as thick as the axle housing, unless you saw a jeep in a high speed crash, i cant imagine the rails not holding up to any abuse. I think the only real complaint i've ever heard about the ace rails is that because they only use the body mounts, they can flex a bit if not tightened properly. In terms of them holding up to abuse, I love mine. I make up for the lack of lift I have by using mine to drop my jeep on every rock I can find. They are rock solid.

More to the point, last run I did, I actually saw someone bend a set of rubi rails. I didn't even know it was possible, but the guy slide his jeep sideways into a rock, and that thing bent out from the body a good 5*. Crazy
Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

As the guy said a few posts above, I do not care about the strength just three looks. Call it a mall crawler if you want to but I have wanted a awesome Jeep since high school and now I can afford one. It will stay in the garage and only be driven on nice days. I want it to look new ten years from now.

I just know that the mopar light bar they sell at mopar.com looks way too thin. Have you seen it? I wonder if their enhanced rails look too small for a lift 35" tires aev bumpers etc.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kneeman
As the guy said a few posts above, I do not care about the strength just three looks. Call it a mall crawler if you want to but I have wanted a awesome Jeep since high school and now I can afford one. It will stay in the garage and only be driven on nice days. I want it to look new ten years from now.

I just know that the mopar light bar they sell at mopar.com looks way too thin. Have you seen it? I wonder if their enhanced rails look too small for a lift 35" tires aev bumpers etc.
if its only for looks and you don't care how the money is spent, I might go with like the LOD, EVO or Poison spider sliders and rocker panels. They look nice and beefy, and with the badging look wicked badass. if i recall, the mopar ones are slightly smaller than the smittybult, and even those looked small on a rig i went wheeling with this weekend (he had 37's though)

Quick Reply: Do the Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails look too small vs the ACE and Rubi rails?