Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do lifts level?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do lifts level?

I want to just level my '11 JK for now until I decide on a lift and tires. I was just wondering if most lifts around 2.5" level out the factory rake or if front spacers are also needed.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spacers will level it out, but I'd start by checking what size coils you have in the front... I had 17's and bumped up to Rubi coils (18's) and it leveled out my front end...
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

If I bought spacers now will I use them with a lift also?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 PM
MTH
JK Enthusiast

Most lifts do tend to level and in any event the rake looks different when the jeep is lifted. Unless you know someone with the same lift, I'd install the lift first and see how it settles, then decide on spacers. IMO, overcorrecting the rake looks worse than leaving it in place.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It all depends on what your trying to achieve, a lift for "lift purposes" or just to cure the ranking in the front end...
Old 04-27-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Little_JK
I want to just level my '11 JK ...
Assuming that you're pretty much stock (no heavy bumpers, winch, etc), then most 2.5" budget boosts will do the job. They typically use a 2.5" spacer up front and a 2" spacer in the rear to remove the rake. When you add heavy mod's, that can shift around and you may find that you need to replace the stock springs with something a bit beefier. TF also has a leveling kit that adds just enough lift to the front and rear to level things out without adding a lot of lift. I just helped install one the other day and the level of work is essentially identical whether you chose their leveling kit or their 2.5" BB. So, if you think you might go to 33 or even 35" tires, you probably should just put the 2.5" BB on. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Do lifts level?