Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do i need spacers?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need spacers?

I will be installing the OME HD coils, ome shocks and jks track bars on my stock 2 door JK. Will, I need a spacer up front to level it out? And, if so how tall a spacer.

I will most likey build me a bumper with spare tire carrier for rear in a year when I regear and 35's, then front and winch. that's about it. just want it level till then and need to know if I should add spacer when doing lift the first time!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GunDude
I will be installing the OME HD coils, ome shocks and jks track bars on my stock 2 door JK. Will, I need a spacer up front to level it out? And, if so how tall a spacer.

I will most likey build me a bumper with spare tire carrier for rear in a year when I regear and 35's, then front and winch. that's about it. just want it level till then and need to know if I should add spacer when doing lift the first time!
um. best person to ask is david @ northridge about this because he sells them.

but i would say no because the hd coils are heavy duty.

you may need some wheel spacers if you're running your stock oem wheels.

here is how mine turned out with the parts you listed

Old 01-05-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Pluke, nice looking jk, can't wait to get mine looking like yours. I emailed David but have not heard back. Did you need front upper or lower control arms.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You'll get a lot of different answers, it just comes down to personal opinion.

My opinion, you will be well over 3" with those coils, and yes, you will want to correct the caster. Uppers are a bit less expensive, but lowers have a better range of adjustability and are the better choice. (lowers are easier to install also)

When you get a chance, go out to Northridge and take a look at their OME Long Travel kit. Those are all of the components you will want to add at some point.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

That 3in HD kit is probably measured with a heavy winched front bumper and heavy rear bumper with tire... unloaded with out all of that stuff i wouldnt be suprised to see 4 inches or more. you shouldnt need a spacer for a HD kit...

Quick Reply: Do i need spacers?