Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do I need to protect my rear corner panels?

Old 12-10-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im going to run my jeep with out a rear bumper when i get my lift and tires but im going to get the evo skins and id probably have a shop make some fenders (:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Im going to run my jeep with out a rear bumper when i get my lift and tires but im going to get the evo skins and id probably have a shop make some fenders (:
we do sell the rear skins with a welded on fender
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After I bashed in the driver side rear quarter panel I just sanded the paint down and primered it. Once I was satisfied with that I had the corner armor installed to hide the dent
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
we do sell the rear skins with a welded on fender
How wide is the fender? I hate my stock fenders, but I need a fender that is wider than stock to help cover more of the tire.

I think the fender looks better integrated into the corner as a single unit than it does separately as two distinct pieces, so your rear skins with a welded on fender might be an option for me.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by bo9roadking

How wide is the fender? I hate my stock fenders, but I need a fender that is wider than stock to help cover more of the tire.

I think the fender looks better integrated into the corner as a single unit than it does separately as two distinct pieces, so your rear skins with a welded on fender might be an option for me.
It's factory's width.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EVO MFG
It's factory's width.
Can you get them built for a stretch?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by tiltz
Can you get them built for a stretch?
No, sorry not at this time
Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

I am thinking about ordering some Evo Skins. I understand they come raw so i will probably have them powder coated but how does one go about installing these? I assume drilled holes in the body but do we treat the paint or seal it off or what is the recommended procedure?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Waldo_88
I am thinking about ordering some Evo Skins. I understand they come raw so i will probably have them powder coated but how does one go about installing these? I assume drilled holes in the body but do we treat the paint or seal it off or what is the recommended procedure?
If their like most, it will be drilled holes followed by nutserts. For sealing, you'll want to clean up the drilled edges and touch them up with some touch up paint to help prevent rust; aside from that, no other sealing should be necessary.

On that note, since this thread got bumped anyways...

All I can say is that I highly recommend corner guards; just make sure you install them before your Jeep backs into a tree!

Old 11-05-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suggest fenders or quarter panel armor (both in my opinion). Second trip out in my new JK and had a tree rip off the throw-away stock fender and damage the rear quarter, and corner. I have after market wheels that stick out, but it was off camber. Just knowing I am protected would make wheeling more fun. Not super cheap, but as you saw in a previous post, fixing hte damage one time will cost more.

Anyway, that is top of my list over the winter.

Quick Reply: Do I need to protect my rear corner panels?