Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do I need to outboard my front shocks?

Old 06-07-2015, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kssting
Actually It's in the 3rd hole on the raised trackbar.
Looks like theres 4 holes total and you're in the second from the bottom.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I walked out and checked so I edited my reply. What is your question?
Old 06-07-2015, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

Okay what's the point? The trackbar is inline with the draglink.
Point is you only raised it about a half an inch from stock height so it is going to be minimally out of line and probably does look parallel.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

That much is obvious but is there a reason you commented on it? I am trying to understand if you are trying to suggest something different .
Old 06-07-2015, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

That much is obvious but is there a reason you commented on it? I am trying to understand if you are trying to suggest something different .
Because you said you had a raised track bar bracket but weren't using a flipped drag link and they were still in line with each other. While you have a raised track bar bracket you really aren't using it.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Isn't the point of a raised trackbar bracket to get everything inline? The jeep drives great with no bump steer so what would be the advantage of flipping the draglink?
Old 06-07-2015, 07:21 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
Because you said you had a raised track bar bracket but weren't using a flipped drag link and they were still in line with each other. While you have a raised track bar bracket you really aren't using it.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like stated above, you arent really using your raised tb bracket. What this means for the OP is that the relocated shock brackets on the aftermarket housing are whats keeping the shocks off the frame. Not due to reduced axle shift from running the raised bracket.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, that confirms what I mentioned about the TF axle being the solution. It sounds like Flyer should install the relocation brackets.

Help me understand what we should be doing different with the raised the raised TB brackets. Flyer and I are friends and a few of us in our group we have have the same lift and we have discussed the TB bracket benefit of getting rid of bump steer since it has worked on mine. Aligning the front end and adjusting the geometry of the TB bracket with the draglink have been the goals, should we be doing something different? BTW we all have adjustable TB's.

Last edited by kssting; 06-08-2015 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll certainly install the shock relocation brackets and keep an eye on them- maybe even weld new ones on eventually. Also interested in the drag link flip so will start looking into that. I do get a little bump steer and settling that down would make a pretty nice difference on long trips.

Quick Reply: Do I need to outboard my front shocks?