Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do i need a exhaust spacer?

Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need a exhaust spacer?

I am gonna purchase a 2.5 in lift. They recommend i purchase the exhaust spacer for my 2012 jk unlimited. Has anybody used one? Do i need it? I am looking for opinion as this is my first jk to do this to. I will mostly be doing light off roading with it at this time. And I am running a 33 in tire as well.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I think you do but I have a 10 so I have never used one
Old 01-10-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Polecat
I am gonna purchase a 2.5 in lift. They recommend i purchase the exhaust spacer for my 2012 jk unlimited. Has anybody used one? Do i need it? I am looking for opinion as this is my first jk to do this to. I will mostly be doing light off roading with it at this time. And I am running a 33 in tire as well.
Yes, you will need it (as from 2012 models from what I heard). And it comes with the kit if you buy TeraFlex (at least on mine). Don't know if other kits include it, but I assume they do..
Not 100% sure that you WILL hit it without, but when I put on mine, it seemed VERY tight without the spacer. So I put on mine, and it works fine.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has more to do with droop (downward travel) of the the system then lift height. I would say if you have an auto I would think hard about getting them, the drive shaft is larger I believe. And for 50 bucks it's cheap insurance for a $500 dollar mistake.

| TeraFlex Suspensions
Old 01-10-2013, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the advice. It is cheaper than a 500 dollar mistake. I think I will add that to my list of stuff to get.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah you will need it. Got my spacer kit for $27 shipped on ebay

Quick Reply: Do i need a exhaust spacer?