Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do I Need to change LCA and TB

Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I Need to change LCA and TB

What I have is a TF 2.5" coil lift and will be adding 1" spacers to recover the 1/2" - 3/4" I lost from the new bumpers and gear. Do I need to get adjustable Lower Control Arms and or Track Bar or just one or the other?
Old 03-24-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Were they set at the hight you were at before the weight was added?
Old 03-24-2015, 03:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You don't 'need' to get either. But you may 'want' to, depending on ...

After the spacers are on, drive it an see what you think. If the steering is a bit more flighty from the slightly reduced caster, then consider a set of adj ca's. Upper or lower doesn't matter, they do the same thing and either will work for that lift height.

Then stand in front of and behind your jeep and take a look at the axles/tires. If they are offset a bit more than you would like, get adj trackbars. With an effective gain of only 1/4" - 1/2", you may not notice any difference at all.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
Were they set at the hight you were at before the weight was added?
I will be about a 1/2" taller than the pre-added weight
Old 03-25-2015, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You don't 'need' to get either. But you may 'want' to, depending on ...

After the spacers are on, drive it an see what you think. If the steering is a bit more flighty from the slightly reduced caster, then consider a set of adj ca's. Upper or lower doesn't matter, they do the same thing and either will work for that lift height.

Then stand in front of and behind your jeep and take a look at the axles/tires. If they are offset a bit more than you would like, get adj trackbars. With an effective gain of only 1/4" - 1/2", you may not notice any difference at all.
Good point. Since neither are that difficult to change at a later date.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same set up, 2.5" and a 1" spacer. I added the adjustable TB because I wanted the axle centered. It's noticeable if you look for it. Drove it for about half a year without LCA's it is a little darty cause of the caster but it's nothing crazy. I ended up throwing on adjustable LCA's and got the caster up and it drives good. I would do the TB to start drive it and see what you think, then add the arms if you want.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
I have the same set up, 2.5" and a 1" spacer. I added the adjustable TB because I wanted the axle centered. It's noticeable if you look for it. Drove it for about half a year without LCA's it is a little darty cause of the caster but it's nothing crazy. I ended up throwing on adjustable LCA's and got the caster up and it drives good. I would do the TB to start drive it and see what you think, then add the arms if you want.
What TB did you go with? I am liking the Teraflex one just because it looks easy to adjust.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

I just went and checked and I am 1/4" off of center for the front and rear axles
Old 03-25-2015, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenb1023
What TB did you go with? I am liking the Teraflex one just because it looks easy to adjust.
JKS Trackbar

Quick Reply: Do I Need to change LCA and TB