Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do I need bumpstops??

Old 12-18-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also- this maybe a dumb question, but if it actually over compressed the coil spring, what will happen? Will it actually break it? Or, could it in theory be cracked or something like that, and actually be a hidden danger further down the line (like on the highway coming back home!)

Does any one have any thoughts as to the teraflex 2.5? Will all my other stock components i.e. CA's, driveshafts, etc. be ok?

I really am trying to use the search button! But, there is almost too much info. on all this. I just want it to be right.

I have made the decision on tires: 285/70/17 BFG KM2's with Mamba rubi style wheels (still pondering what color)

So, perhaps that will help with the answers.

Also- in the future I would like to add the Mopar bumpers front and rear with an 8k winch (probably synthetic line) which is why I would not be against changing my lift as the one I have now kept the factory front rake, and if I add bumpers and a winch, it will dive a fair amount.

Thanks in advance for all the insight
Old 12-18-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubiRI77
Also- this maybe a dumb question, but if it actually over compressed the coil spring, what will happen? Will it actually break it? Or, could it in theory be cracked or something like that, and actually be a hidden danger further down the line (like on the highway coming back home!)

Does any one have any thoughts as to the teraflex 2.5? Will all my other stock components i.e. CA's, driveshafts, etc. be ok?

I really am trying to use the search button! But, there is almost too much info. on all this. I just want it to be right.

I have made the decision on tires: 285/70/17 BFG KM2's with Mamba rubi style wheels (still pondering what color)

So, perhaps that will help with the answers.

Also- in the future I would like to add the Mopar bumpers front and rear with an 8k winch (probably synthetic line) which is why I would not be against changing my lift as the one I have now kept the factory front rake, and if I add bumpers and a winch, it will dive a fair amount.

Thanks in advance for all the insight
2.5 lift you will be okay with stock components and shaft. No need to change that. You will be fine until you get above 3 plus.

Don't worry about over compressing the springs. They are tough and that's why they are there.

You can add a leveling kit if you really have a rake. Maybe someone will chime in on the bb lift. I have a 4 inch lift with steel bumpers front and back. Also have a 10k winch and no problems with that so I think you will be okay.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm thinking about taking my 2" bump stops out. I know if I do, I can get more flex out of the suspension. I know there is a risk with rubbing on the fenders and blowing out shocks but I want more flex out of my current suspension.

Worst case scenario I blow the shocks and ruin my fenders. Then I have an excuse to get get Adjustable rancho 9000 shocks and some bushwacker or smittybilt fenders.

What do you guys think about 86-ing the bump stops?

Quick Reply: Do I need bumpstops??