Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do it again but different ?

Old 11-10-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do it again but different ?

Hi, I've read slot of posts here and the project JK how to write ups on the budget boost from TF

Spent time at two local shops pricing out 33" ATZ 12.5 x 17 and procomp 17x9 with 4.75BS

They both didn't jump up and down on the level kit or BB..,,pushing coil lifts.

Watching my budget wheels and tires I can also do the TF BB.

I'm a DD 70 miles per day 5 days a week with just light trail use.

One shop said spacers will yield a worse ride quality on road the other said you can run 33 no lift and no rub unless you flex lots.

Those here with experience on Level kit and BB.....how is your ride? You happy? Would you do it any different knowing what you know now?

My gut tells me level kit as a min....but have budget for BB. This will do until I save up enough $$$$ to do a coil lift.

At the end of the day I am honest with myself I'm not a hardcore rock crawler... My build is one step up from stock light trails now and then with my family.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webejeepin
Hi, I've read slot of posts here and the project JK how to write ups on the budget boost from TF

Spent time at two local shops pricing out 33" ATZ 12.5 x 17 and procomp 17x9 with 4.75BS

They both didn't jump up and down on the level kit or BB..,,pushing coil lifts.

Watching my budget wheels and tires I can also do the TF BB.

I'm a DD 70 miles per day 5 days a week with just light trail use.

One shop said spacers will yield a worse ride quality on road the other said you can run 33 no lift and no rub unless you flex lots.

Those here with experience on Level kit and BB.....how is your ride? You happy? Would you do it any different knowing what you know now?

My gut tells me level kit as a min....but have budget for BB. This will do until I save up enough $$$$ to do a coil lift.

At the end of the day I am honest with myself I'm not a hardcore rock crawler... My build is one step up from stock light trails now and then with my family.

Thanks

The TF BB, if it's the one I'm thinking, give you just about everything you might need short of longer springs and shocks for a coil lift down the road. I would say it's not a bad option and will be fine for wheeling. I was rubbing on stock tires, stock height with just aftermarket wheels when extremely flexed, out, so I imagine 33's would be even more likely to rub. The TF BB I installed for a friend had bump stop extensions, so I imagine it's not a problem with the BB.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are compromises you make when you run a puck instead of a new coil, but there is nothing wrong with the BB...

If you are going to get a lift, go ahead and get 35's
Old 11-10-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

TeraFlex (Spacer) Level Kit on 285/75R16's...Awesome setup for 33's and daily driver. Ride doesn't change that much, if any.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used the TF BB for 2 1/2 years and then upgraded to the AEV 2.5" DualSport.

The BB did the job. However, the difference with the AEV is pretty amazing. Better ride, better control, no diving when braking, etc.

I think you are taking the right approach, start with the BB and save for the full deal meal.

I sold my BB for $100 after taking it off so I recouped a little.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sacdaddy03
TeraFlex (Spacer) Level Kit on 285/75R16's...Awesome setup for 33's and daily driver. Ride doesn't change that much, if any.

You make my decision to go with 33's over 35's hard, haha.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've ran the Teraflex BB for about 6 months now with my 33" it's a perfect combo. Full flex no rub. One issue is that my front axel is off center from not having an adjustable track bar. I plan to upgrade to rock krawler 2.5" spring front and back and their adjustable front track bar.

My opinion, the BB is a great stepping stone. Lifts you safely with bump stops and rear bracket. An gives you a great base to upgrade to coils.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1658340260.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	387324  
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ballsdeep
You make my decision to go with 33's over 35's hard, haha.
This my other old Jeep with Rough Country 2.5 lift on 33's.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

I ran a 2.5" bb and 33's and didn't rub at first. Disconnected my sway and tucked both tires in at different times and rubbed really bad. Upgraded to 3" coils and 35's and I still rub depending on how hard I am wheeling. Next step is to chop my fenders and I think I will be good to go. The bb does the job as long as you don't plan on wheeling hard.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sacdaddy03

Thanks everyone for the feedback its a big help. For my purpose I think the level kit is for me...the look of this Jepp ^^^ is what I'm after.

I don't want to 'over build' for my needs or budget.

Time to shop.

Quick Reply: Do it again but different ?