Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do 15" wheels fit on the jk or not?

Old 01-15-2012, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do more research.
Certain wheels will fit without issue... Others will not.
Unless you've seen the exact model of wheel with the same backspacing etc on a JK previous I don't think I'd risk it.
Tire shops will tell you that 15's don't fit. But many here run 15's with little to no modification of the calipers.
However...you may be the lucky one that gets charged or a set of rims that won't fit your vehicle.

It's my understanding that aluminum rims are cast an therefore have less clearance issue, while steel rims are stamped resulting in more material on the inside of the rim to cause problems.

As I fought with a few shops over fit I know how frustrating it can be.
I ended up going through board sponsor Discount Tire Direct with the guaranteed to fit MB72's.
Check the sponsor section on this forum. There's a good 15" wheel thread discussing the benefits of aluminum and steel as well as information on fitment.

RJ

Quick Reply: Do 15" wheels fit on the jk or not?