Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

DIY Rocker Sliders

Old 03-08-2014, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Rocker Sliders

Hey guys, i am looking to fab up my own rock sliders, i have a basic idea in mind but im not sure how to incorporate a slider/protection bar, small step up bar and mud/rock body protection unit in 1. I currently have the oem step up bars which do offer excellent protection to my body from mud shooting up my doors as well as doubling as a step up bar in my newly lifted jk. However they look kinda funky and soccer-mommish and i have been realizing the need for a slider type rail lately. Does any one have any ideas for me or know of a good aftermarket or design to follow. Maybe someone has tried to accomplish this already? Thanks!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I took some rubi rails welded up step and sliders

Old 03-08-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only issue with using the factory rubicon rails is that their mounting brackets are not the strongest.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thought about fabing my own too but went with Ace rock rails instead. I just put them on yesterday, super easy to put on and seem very rugged and they fit with my stock rubi rails still on. price wasnt bad, took me about 1/2 hour to install. no pics yet but i will
Old 03-09-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beermantsw
I thought about fabing my own too but went with Ace rock rails instead. I just put them on yesterday, super easy to put on and seem very rugged and they fit with my stock rubi rails still on. price wasnt bad, took me about 1/2 hour to install. no pics yet but i will
can you show me a picture if hiw they mount on? Like the brackets? Id like to copy their design haha. Just tryin to figure out how to mount them so they are sturdy.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I made mine using 2" x 6" tubing by 1/8 inch thick. the supports are 2"X2". Easy to make and very strong

Quick Reply: DIY Rocker Sliders