Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diy hemi swap info w/spreadsheet

Old 08-15-2024, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am new here, and am greatful for what you all have posted. I'm working on doing a 5.7 HEMI swap from a 2005 GC I to my 2010 JKUR. I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find answers for, and would appreciate any guidance.

1. I plan to run a AX15 transmission, as I want to stay manual. I know that the MDS won't work well with a manual, and it can be shut off through the ECU. But do I need to also replace the cam and lifters and get the plug kit for the solenoids? I've heard yes and no for this.

2. I am running 4.88 gears and 37" tires and have programed my jeep with AEV's Procal. Do I need to set this back to factory before I swap out? I am not sure if that info is stored I. The Jeeps ECU or the gauge cluster computer.

3. AnyOne else run manual trans behind the 5.7? I know its not popular, but just looking for feedback, pros and cons and build tips.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Diy hemi swap info w/spreadsheet