Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diy bed liner ?

Old 02-08-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diy bed liner ?

So I recently purchased a set of rrc side armor from an online scratch n dent sale. None the less they are beat up (not sever maybe 5-8 nickel size areas), textured paint has a few spots down to steel. Before I put these on I should I rattle can bed line them to prevent rust for the winter? I was worried that it might not cure right with cold weather (40-60 degrees). Or if I put them on and wait till spring will rust be an issue? These will probably see more trail damage than what happened in shipping, Am I being to paranoid? Take it easy the jk is still new to me.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would definitely put some kind of protection on them, you can always refinish them in the spring time if they need it.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used the rustoleum spray on bedliner for the tub of my jeep. I found that even after multiple coats it isn't very thick or durable. It works fine for what i want since i covered everything with the Quadratec floor mats. But for an exterior application like this, you should find something more durable imo
Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

The rhino-liner DIY spraygun kit is an outstanding product.

Durable as it gets and easy to work with.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:06 PM
JK Junkie

I used Rustoleum Bedliner on my wheels and they've been staying quite nicely. I had one large scratch happen on a wheel, but I just sprayed over it and the finish never even shows.

I used 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of bed liner. I would suggest for you to spray on some primer or something over those bare spots. You can sand off and repaint in the spring.

Quick Reply: Diy bed liner ?