Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ditched my Treadwrights for Duratracs

Old 03-10-2012, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess I've been leading a "sheltered" life...I didn't know you could still buy retreads.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Only got about 1k miles on my Treadwright Wardens and I'm very happy with them. They do tend to "walk" around a little more on the road, but the roads aren't to good around my part of TX. Mine aren't bad with road noise because I always have the radio loud. They balanced out fine and the only regret so far is I should have gone o e size bigger..... Unless I can find someone local to buy them.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard that some people have had trouble balancing the Treadwrights and had wobble issues, and if the lugs are separating, I would definately steer clear of them on a daily driver. The Duratracs continue to impress me with 10k miles on mine and they still look new. One of the best tires I've owned. Plus in the 15" size mine ran $175 a tire minus a $100 rebate on 4, so about $150 a piece.

Last edited by armycop; 03-15-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've beat the crap out of my Guard dogs rock crawling and have yet to have a problem with them.

My jeep is my DD too. The GD's have been on there for 2+ years.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Definitely a good move. I wouldn't use a retread if you gave them to me
Especially here in the desert. I have heard of too many issues. I know a lot of people that run them back east though and they love them.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

None of my five 315/70-R17 Treadwright Guard Dogs took no more than 2.5 ounces to balance.

Comparing a brand-new tire to a worn one is always going to be a "night and day difference" - especially from a mud-terrain to an all-terrain.

I'm anxious to see how my new Treadwrights do over the long term. My old set of 31's under my Samurai are still going strong after 3 years of service. If I wind up disappointed with the Treadwrights, the Duratracs are my #1 choice for replacement.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have over 10,000 on my Treadwrights and I love em. Not one problem and my Jeep is my DD also. From mud to sand or what ever they work great. Plus I have great wet road traction with them too.

Quick Reply: Ditched my Treadwrights for Duratracs