Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Discount Tire won't install my tires!

Old 01-18-2016, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Discount Tire
I'm sorry to hear you are having issues getting your AT2 tires installed. I can assure you though, it has nothing to do with not purchasing the tires from us. I'll do my best to clear up the confusion.

There are a number of factors that come into play when we are verifying tire fitments. One of them is load index. We look at the factory tire's load index and the factory recommended air pressure (placard located on the door jam). Plug these two numbers into a Load Inflation Chart and the chart indicates how much load the factory tire carries at the factory recommended pressure. For us, this is the minimum load carrying capacity the new/ replacement tire must be able to carry.

We do this because tires are pneumatic and load carrying capacity changes with pressure. Due to this, and also for handling purposes, vehicle manufacturers build in a margin of safety into the tires. To ensure our safety standards are on par, all the tires we sell for vehicles driven on the street must meet or exceed the requirements set by the vehicle manufacture.

In this particular case, your Sport-S (assuming this is what you have) came factory with standard load 113 load index tires which at placard pressure (35psi) carry 2234lbs each (accounts for P to LT conversion). The 33x12.50R-17 AT2 has a 105 load index which carries a maximum load of 2040 lbs which is 194lbs less per tire than factory.
My 2007 X had 37 PSI as does the current 2015 Willys. Jeeps come from the Factory and even dealerships with different wheel and tire options.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blue
My 2007 X had 37 PSI as does the current 2015 Willys. Jeeps come from the Factory and even dealerships with different wheel and tire options.

Yeah, but for liability i am sure they have to go by what is on each individual jeep door sticker.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default should have bought the tires there

they would have told you they could not before your purchase !

i live in nh . they shipped my 33 nitto trails to my house on wheels and balanced for a good price I wish we had a dtd here in nh for my next set of tires . Ill still get the tires from them again though. but ill need to find a shop to mount and balance them.

dtd is the best in my opinion no complaint out here in NH

E rated tires love the wheeks holding up great 4 years later ,mb 72 i think

a few months later i found out i need concentric rings they mailed them out no charge you cant ask for more than that dam DTD # 1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2404 (2).jpg
Views:	173
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	634861   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6168.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	634869  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-18-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have bought mine at discount tire but there quoted price was 3750 and i bought mine from mrwheeldeal.com for 2650. Ill just pay discount 125 to maintain them and save 1k. Wish i could have went local but not getting ripped to do so.

Last edited by busa250; 01-19-2016 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by busa250
I would have bought mine at discount tire but there quoted price was 3750 and i bought mine from mrwheeldeal.com for 2650. Ill just pay discount 125 to maintain them and save 1k. Wish i could have went local but not getting ripped to do so.
I'm going to guess that Discount Tire would of price matched. I know Sears does (I like there warranty better).

Normally all you do is take the online quote, and the company with match it. Sears even took into account the sales tax when I last bought tires.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

They claim they will but for some reason mine does not like to. They make a big stink about it. Plus i would rather give the business to the company offering me a great price to start with versus the one trying to rip me the most.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roryslife
I'm going to guess that Discount Tire would of price matched. I know Sears does (I like there warranty better).

Normally all you do is take the online quote, and the company with match it. Sears even took into account the sales tax when I last bought tires.
Only catch with a Sears Warranty, is the company has to exist and/or not be in bankruptcy. I see two chapters left in the Sears story, 7 and 11.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Only catch with a Sears Warranty, is the company has to exist and/or not be in bankruptcy. I see two chapters left in the Sears story, 7 and 11.
There are only a few close to me anymore with Auto Centers.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

Its a lawsuit thing.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 1000 .00 difference ?

id be worried what i was getting defects maybe

dtd gave me a good price when i bought mine and shipped to my door balanced
i thought it was great . Where i live they take advantage of you when buying tires and dont balance them correctly even .

Id def go DTD in the future when i get another set . granted this time they wont have the wheels to mount them so im still gona be dealing with trying to find a good tire shop to mount

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-28-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Discount Tire won't install my tires!