Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Discount tire

Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount tire

So I wanted to get 33's put on but Discount tire and a couple other places say they cant because I have 1.5" spidertrax on them. I guess Im going back to where I had my lift installed and spacers put on so they can do it. Thats just lame!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

That seems pretty common. I went to 4 places including two dealers to get my tires rotated and none would touch it. So I just used that as an excuse to buy tires with correct backspacing
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a similar issue once. I asked them why they couldn't help and the guy on the phone said its because they don't deal in spacer installation (or other mods like that). I guess its a liability issue. Like if one of the technicians brakes the spacer DT would be responsible for replacing it... perhaps?

Maybe someone else has some better information though.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Liability is the big thing, If any failure accures after the rotation with the wheel spacer they can be held responsible.

I've had DT guys say i could use a jack and air tools and do it myself no charge but their guys cant touch wheel spacers unless removing them permanently.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

That sucks... my local Discount Tire will as long as they are hub-centric.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Same thing happened to me. I ordered tires through them and when they pulled off the first wheel it was like a video on rewind and that thing went back on quicker then you know what and my JK was off the jacks. I had them just remove the spacers so i could get my tires mounted then when i got home i jacked her up and put the spacers back on.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the post and thank you for your support in Discount Tire Company. Yes, at this time, we do not service vehicles with wheel spacers. This policy is being looked at but no change has been made at this time. If you have a question about this policy please speak with your local store manager, if they can't help you they should be able to direct you to someone that can. Thank you for your patience.

-Travis

Quick Reply: Discount tire