Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Discount Codes?

Old 08-03-2018, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

I often shop at NR4x4 and QT, but I end up never purchasing anything because Morris4x4 usually has a better deal and make things easier for me to apply the discount. I don't need to contact someone via a forum PM special handshake behind closed doors pricing, I don't have to go search through the forums to try and remember what their forum discount code is and I don't need to post a thread like this one asking others what some secret discount code that everyone knows about. I just go to the Morris4x4 website and it's all posted there for me.

I prefer doing things when everything is displayed in public view and available for everyone, simple and easy. So far I haven't had any problems with any or my orders or customer service.

It's just as simple as going to their website and seeing the discount code posted at the top of the website as such.

My most recent experience was that I went to NR4x4, to purchase the TF HD ball joints and a replacement AEV bumper crush can cover. Morris and NR had the TF ball joints listed for the same price, both had a 10% discount, NR with the forum code, Morris was posted at the top of their website. Then I found NR no longer carried AEV stuff, so I ended up purchasing from Morris since I would be able to get the crush can cover with free shipping, as well as the 10% discount. Morris 4x4 just made things more convenient for me to purchase from them at the lowest price.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-03-2018 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys can always call us as well and we will take great care of you and beat anybodys price
Old 08-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
You guys can always call us as well and we will take great care of you and beat anybodys price
I have nothing bad to say about NR4x4, I've always heard great things and really wanted to place my last couple orders through you guys. Pricing wasn't really the issue, it was more so the "convenience" as I mentioned. Calling on the phone doesn't tend to lean itself towards adding more convenience, it's actually the opposite direction of convenience in my opinion. "Hello! Northridge 4x4!....Can you hold please, we're busy serving another customer?........Ok, we're back! How can we help you?" Then the conversation goes into 20 questions of getting an understanding of what I'm trying to do, or what I'm looking for.

When I shop for items, here are my typical ranking order preferences for when making purchases.
1. Lowest Prices
2. Shopping conveniences
3. Customer service

Customer service is ranked last for me since I typically do my homework before making any purchases, and if I have any questions I typically ask them on the forums prior, where we have quite a few knowledgeable folks on the forums willing to provide some insight and advise. Then outside of that, the best customer service in regards to problems with the parts or orders, is the one I never need to use. So as long as I'm receiving my orders in a timely fashion and the parts arrived undamaged, I'm typically all set in regards to my customer service needs.

I think there's a lot of value in "conveniences" provided. There's no secret that Amazon and Walmart are 2 of the largest retailers in the U.S. When comparing prices of the same items between Amazon and Walmart they're very similar, so therefore to me when deciding to make purchases from one or the other, it boils down to who makes it more "convenient" for me. Amazon has almost mastered convenience for shoppers and continues to improve on it, where Amazon has now surpassed Walmart in the retail world. Hey, Amazon I'm searching for "HD Ball joints for my JK Wrangler". Well here's a list of 5 different ball joints from different manufacturers which all fit your JK. Here are the prices, ratings with comments for each of them from others that have purchased each, and here's a list of questions and answers from others just like you, in case you have a similar question you may need answered. Oh, and while you're looking at one of those particular items, he's a list of comparable items with their prices, and user ratings all laid out side by side for you so you can quickly/easily do some A/B comparison shopping. And if that isn't enough, here's some suggested items which are often purchased along with that item which you may likely need as well such as some red grease, and a ball joint press that you'll need to install those ball joints. Then I'm like....hey, that's a good suggestion, I will need some red grease and a ball joint press, let me add those items to my cart as well. The only convenience Walmart provides me over Amazon is "Hey, I need it today....let me run out to Wally World and go searching all over a 5 acre store floor trying to find it.....I'll tolerate that, since I need it today"

Alls I can say about NR4x4 is that there seems to be a lot of opportunity to improve on the shopping convenience aspects, as is the case with Morris4x4 as well but from most of my off road part shopping experiences, Morris has just made my shopping convenience slightly better both in seeking the lowest prices and having the larger variety of parts available for which I'm shopping. Letting us know that we can contact someone over the phone or send a PM message through the forums is the opposite of increasing convenience from my perspective.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get a good discount code?

Currently on the net there are many sites that offer coupon online but I really don't know where to get the discount code. I want to buy some things but don't know where to get the codes. If anyone knows where to get the discount code, please let me know.
Thank you

Last edited by George Tyler; 05-23-2022 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Discount Codes?