Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

disconnects

Old 05-03-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those brackets are sweet, I saw a couple of guys had them on our last run.

David @ Northridge told me that JKS will be coming out with their own storage brackets very soon.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys for all your help i think im goin to go with the JKS ones and then get the storage brackets to park them
Old 05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by OffTopic
Those brackets are sweet, I saw a couple of guys had them on our last run.

David @ Northridge told me that JKS will be coming out with their own storage brackets very soon.
Great news! I think I'll wait and get them from Northridge when they come in.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

this might sound stupid and i prabably should have asked earlier but will the disconnects work if theres no lift and im stock?....im guessing yes?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree, I have the teraflex and they work great, moab tested tough.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by BlackX3
this might sound stupid and i prabably should have asked earlier but will the disconnects work if theres no lift and im stock?....im guessing yes?
Yes, they will.

The way it all works is like this:

The anti-sway bar has links that connect the ends of the bar, to the axle.

The two links, one at each end, drop from the bar, down to the axle, and they are ~ 6" or so long.

When you are off road, and you get one tire up on something....it picks the other tire up too...which is bad (You WANT your tires to REACH the ground...)

The factory now includes an OPTIONAL electric disco (Stock) or its std on the Rubi....and, all it does is disconnect those two links from the bar, down to the axle, so that the axle can droop down further, and allow your tires to stay on the ground, where they can do some good.

All the QUICK DISCO's do is allow a fast easy method of doing the same thing...more or less just replacing the OEM link, with the new one that comes off and goes back on more easily.

You add attachment points to the end of the bar, and to the axle...and, after that, its mere seconds to disco/re-connect.

The JKS version is also adjustable for length, so you can fine tune it after height adjustments, etc.

This is a drivers side shot of a JKS QD on the JK.

The two rings flip over, (Snap rings...) and then you pull the pins out like a grenade, and the entire QD slides off of the top/bottom mounting pins...and DONE.

Last edited by TEEJ; 05-08-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Quick Reply: disconnects