Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Disappointed with Shrockworks Rear Bumper Tire Carrier

Old 10-26-2010, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing a Bulb

Thank you for sharing your experience with this Mark. I'm absolutely and completely dumbfounded at the moment having read that the bumper has to basically be removed and disassembled in order to accomplish a bulb change.

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
There's not an easy way that I found. Check out post #8 in the following thread ...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?138175-How-Do-You-Change-Shrockworks-Back-up-Light-Bulb
Old 10-26-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JPop
The review after speaking with the manufacturer is much more relevant than simply blasting away before you have provided them the opportunity to correct things.
"More relevant", but not "irrelevant". People need to know what issues they might have to deal with when purchasing this bumper. And I don't know why you guys like using the term "blasting". If I listed only two or three problems, would you say I was blasting? Maybe if feels like I'm blasting only because there were lots of problems. If there were only two or three, this thread would not likely exist.

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
if he didn't like the way this assembly went, he should have bought another bumper.
Exactly. That's the whole purpose of this thread. Hopefully people in the market for a rear bumper and reading this thread can make a more informed buying decision. That said, if I had to do it all over again I would, but others might not want to put up with some things they might have to in order to own this bumper.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by yomondo
"More relevant", but not "irrelevant". People need to know what issues they might have to deal with when purchasing this bumper. And I don't know why you guys like using the term "blasting". If I listed only two or three problems, would you say I was blasting? Maybe if feels like I'm blasting only because there were lots of problems. If there were only two or three, this thread would not likely exist.
My only point is this is not where you begin the conversation, it's first with the vendor preceding any effort to make it public.

Bringing it here first didn't endear yourself to the manufacturer and in the end they are probably going to be less likely to help you out. In fact they probably would like nothing better than to give you back your money and make you go away. In the end that isn't what anyone wants, and a civil discourse would have involved taking your issues up with them first.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Unfortunately Shrockworks doesn't participate on this forum like many of the other sponsoring vendors do. Their last visit was in February.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Default :(

It's a shame that the "end-user" is used as the guinea pig for crappy design and non-existing QA procedures. If they moved to "another laser-cutting company" - why should that be an excuse! Surely the "other company" is working of detailed specifications??? It's their (Shrockworks) product (and reputation), and they should nut-up and take responsibility. Would love to see them reply on this thread.

Yomondo, best of luck in resolving your issues!

Last edited by rubi_zfz; 10-26-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Product review

I am amased at how much Mr. Yomondo has bee critisized for his review of a product that he bought. It used to be a person could buy something and then do whatever he wanted to do to it or say anything he wanted to about it, this is the land of the free. But now you have to get premission to do anything your own property and if you say something about it then you are the bad guy.
People are dying everyday to protect our freedoms.
So someone on this forum chose to exercise his right to free speech and let the rest of know about a problem that he had. I thought that was the point of this site. To be able give information and receive information, that is what freedom is all about.
He should be praised not rediculed for posting information like he did. These days those that make and sell products should expect to receive quick feedback on their products, both good and bad.
If it weren't for the fact that we can share such information there wouldn't be much use for this forum.
Now I will get off of my soapbox.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

I for one appreciate your review. I waited just as long for mine to arrive but did not experience the same problems you did. If I had, I would have been just as frustrated. Because of the long wait, I will not order from them again.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by genesbro
I am amased at how much Mr. Yomondo has bee critisized for his review of a product that he bought. It used to be a person could buy something and then do whatever he wanted to do to it or say anything he wanted to about it, this is the land of the free. But now you have to get premission to do anything your own property and if you say something about it then you are the bad guy.
People are dying everyday to protect our freedoms.
So someone on this forum chose to exercise his right to free speech and let the rest of know about a problem that he had. I thought that was the point of this site. To be able give information and receive information, that is what freedom is all about.
He should be praised not rediculed for posting information like he did. These days those that make and sell products should expect to receive quick feedback on their products, both good and bad.
If it weren't for the fact that we can share such information there wouldn't be much use for this forum.
Now I will get off of my soapbox.
I agree with you 100% on this. I too am a little disturbed at how many people blasted him for putting out a review that (in my opinion) was warranted. He got a crappy product...he gave them a crappy review, simple as that. The amount of time he waited for the bumper alone is well worht the crappy review in my book. There just isn't any excuse for that.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Thank you for sharing your experience with this Mark. I'm absolutely and completely dumbfounded at the moment having read that the bumper has to basically be removed and disassembled in order to accomplish a bulb change.
the LoD rear bumpers are the same. i think you will find this across the board. its due to the factory reinforcement bar that runs behind the bumper. the only way i can see around this is to cut that off which would hurt the structural integrity. my front bumper is the same way because the winch blocks the fog light on the passenger side. the winch will have to come out to change the bulb. when the reverse lights in the rear bumper go, they are probably not getting replaced. i dont do much night wheeling to warrant the PIA that it is to remove the rear bumper for a bulb.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Junkie

If you believe the motivation was altruistic, I understand why people would think this is an appropriate means to communicate this matter.

If you believe it was done out of contempt or spite, as so many internet attacks are (whether real or imagined) then you need to have disdain for the methods employed.

For myself and others the internet and a forum isn't the first place I go to try and find resolution, but the last. If things started with the post after speaking with the manufacturer, I wouldn't have had any issues and it is far more revealing than the first post. The first post only had a single perception with undelivered expectations and no course for remedy. The second post, after speaking with the manufacturer framed the situation better with setting what the manufacturer believed the expectations to be and where they fell short of the customers. In other words the whole story, and by no means would I buy their product nor am I apologizing for them.

There is simply a way you deal with things in fairness and it doesn't involve immediately hiring an attorney, calling the police or blasting away on the internet. You confront the other party straight up and save the rest for when your first crack at diplomacy fails.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with Shrockworks Rear Bumper Tire Carrier