Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Disabling ESP???

Old 05-05-2009, 09:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and remember the first beep is at 5 seconds, then the second beep is after you let go of the button right after 7 seconds. and a stop watch, or watch is the best way to do it. i couldn't get mine to work until i used a watch.

and I started the jeep in 4 hi, if that matters.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Woody99
My wheels were straight before beginning. I started my Jeep, then put it in 4wd HI, then I went to 1:00 and 11:00 then turned the Jeep symbol upside down without going back even 1mm. 7 seconds (using a stopwatch) and released. I heard two beeps. Then turned the wheel 360 degrees, held for 7 seconds and then back to the middle (I actually passed the middle and turned the wheel to about 3:00) held it for 7 seconds and turned off my Jeep before releasing the steering wheel.
so you had the wheel straight then did the 1 to 11 and from 11 you went to 6 oclock pos? and on the last one where you turn it back to straight you went to where the "jeep" is going up and down not side to side?

jsut trying to get this stuff in my head so i can turn this infernal machine off
Old 05-06-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Freak

a little frustrated at mine.. not working. i am going to run it by a different dealership than the one that allegedly did the update on the computers to see if they actually did it. maybe i can convince them to turn it off for me.. off the record of course..

anyone in birmingham that wants to help me turn mine off if they dont ??
Old 05-06-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by smbundy13
so you had the wheel straight then did the 1 to 11 and from 11 you went to 6 oclock pos? and on the last one where you turn it back to straight you went to where the "jeep" is going up and down not side to side?

jsut trying to get this stuff in my head so i can turn this infernal machine off
Dang someone should do a youtube video on how to turn it off! I would but I am scared I would not be able to turn it back off...

The last turn makes your wheels in the straight forward position. However on mine I went past 12:00 to 3:00 to compensate when I let the wheel go after I turned off the motor. Does that make sense?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Dang someone should do a youtube video on how to turn it off! I would but I am scared I would not be able to turn it back off...

The last turn makes your wheels in the straight forward position. However on mine I went past 12:00 to 3:00 to compensate when I let the wheel go after I turned off the motor. Does that make sense?

yeah that makes sense, it is just getting it to work
Old 07-23-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

I could not get it to work either on my 08 untill I used the second hand on my laptop's clock. I got the double beeps to the right and one to the left. I didn't get the last beep with the stearing wheel straight. However the esp stays off now just as it should.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

this may be a dumb question but what about in an 09' cant i turn the esp on and off with that button on the center console.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CruserBruiser
this may be a dumb question but what about in an 09' cant i turn the esp on and off with that button on the center console.
No, it is only partially off. If you want to fully disable it, instructions should be in your manual.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why does everyone want to permanently disable the ESP? I have a 2008 and I can turn it on or off whenever I want
Old 07-24-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

No, it is only partially off. If you want to fully disable it, instructions should be in your manual.
thank you sir!!!

Quick Reply: Disabling ESP???