Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Disabling ESP???

Old 05-02-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't remember what the display was doing, you should be ok as long as you get the 2 beeps on the first turn. just keep trying it over and over man, it took me forever to get it to work, almost a year! haha but it's totally worth it! My death wobble is gone now! i know my tires a tad out of balance, but I guess the ESP made it 100 times worse, b/c now my jeep is smooth at all speeds!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

I DID IT!!!!! Proof it can be done on an 07!

I have hydroassist so it possibly made it a bit harder because of the ram behavior... But the ESP OFF light should stay on throughout the 3 steps! We had rain last night and my jeep was all over the place
Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!

But I still nothing!
Old 05-04-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tomharley
Congrats!

But I still nothing!
I used the stopwatch and that is possibly what made the difference.... I also did not let the steering wheel go back even 1 mm when I was performing the procedure. On the third step I went past 12:00 to about 3:00 as when you turn off the engine the wheel goes back to 12:00... All tips I learned here! Did you at least get the first two beeps and the ESP OFF displayed?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No. Only one beep and "esp off" on display.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

CreepJeep--good lookin out!--I tried your suggestion and used JP mag's write-up-no more ESP worked the first time!!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i only get the one beep on my first turn.. i guess i will try to use a watch this afternoon... are yall starting the engine with your tires and wheel straight or are yall straightening them after putting the jeep in 4hi?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by smbundy13
yeah i only get the one beep on my first turn.. i guess i will try to use a watch this afternoon... are yall starting the engine with your tires and wheel straight or are yall straightening them after putting the jeep in 4hi?

I too only got the 1 beep when doing the clockwise set-up, but I decided to proceed with the rest of the drill, and low and behold, the thing took--the esp symbol is lit, and the esp off warning appears above the odometer for approx. 2 sec after startup. every time. that confirms the act.--Like I said above, use the JP Mag link/write-up EXACTLY, and you should have luck.--good luck
Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tahnks bro.. i will try it right now when i go home from work..
Old 05-05-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by smbundy13
My wheels were straight before beginning. I started my Jeep, then put it in 4wd HI, then I went to 1:00 and 11:00 then turned the Jeep symbol upside down without going back even 1mm. 7 seconds (using a stopwatch) and released. I heard two beeps. Then turned the wheel 360 degrees, held for 7 seconds and then back to the middle (I actually passed the middle and turned the wheel to about 3:00) held it for 7 seconds and turned off my Jeep before releasing the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Disabling ESP???