Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Disabling ESP???

Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So,two beeps on first half turn to the right?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomharley

So,two beeps on first half turn to the right?
yes one will beep at 5 seconds while you are still holding, and the 2nd beep was right after i let go at 7 seconds.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I´ll try with a watch tomorow! Same like you.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

on the 07's and i believe some early 08's you have to have the comp flashed. i went to the dealer to have it done but going to cost me 160 bucks they said its not covered under warranty. i may just pull the fuse while offroading. does pulling the fuse disable the airbags?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had my turned off for over 6 months now! The only thing is the esp lights stays luminated on the dash! If you follow the directions you will be doing donuts in no time!!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default ESP Crap

Not sure about how it works with the US jeep but i'm in Oz and when I pull the J6 fuse it dissables all the ABS, ESP & BAS. Gives more power and lets you drive YOURSELF.
BUT also speedo doesn't work and Ks (sorry Miles) don't clock up, Tacho still works so all good.
Ps, Also MILES per GALLON or whatever you get goes through the roof when you toggle to it, doesn't change your economy just that it must be able to read it properly, try 858 Ks per 100 litres. HaHa

Just thought this might help as some of the fixes you guys have only if we think of our cars as left hand drives,
EG, Unlock all doors with 1 push, Did the key and button thing and worked fine ut mates only works if he uses LEFT DOOR LOCK, our PASSENGER side.

Anyway hope it might help someone.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so when yall are shutting the car off at the end.. are you turning it straight back on? i have been opening the door to get it to shut down all the way... also.. are there any 07s that have gotten it to turn off?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Super Freak

yeah i just turned it off and then back on. i had my doors off so I couldn't open the door to fully shut it off.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't read this whole thread so sorry if this is a repeat. There is a pretty comprehensive explanation of the ESP system and how to turn off certain copmponents of the system or the whole thing in this article from JP magazine...

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...tem/index.html
Old 05-02-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ThinkMud
I finally got it to work!

I put a watch on the dash so I could see the seconds tick...

the first clockwise half turn I did it exactly 7 seconds and let go, this time there was the initial 5 second beep, then another beep after I let go after 7 seconds...

on the counter-clockwise turn, there was no beep.

and the back to center turn there was no beep.

but when i turned the jeep off then back on, the ESP OFF was displayed in the odometer and the esp symbol was on. after about 12 seconds the ESP OFF went off, but the esp symbol stayed lit. so it's off now!!! can't believe it took me this long to get it to work.
You are one lucky son of a ..... ! I only have one question. On the first turn I held the ESP button and the ESP symbol displayed ESP OFF! I also got the second beep. That is good right? However when I release the ESP button it still displays ESP OFF. Am I missing something? When I doing the second turn my ESP display still says ESP OFF.

Quick Reply: Disabling ESP???