Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Disabling ESP???

Old 06-26-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
I just got my 2 door back from the dealer.. I haven't tried it but they said I needed updates before it would work, which they performed. I haven't tried it yet. I already have a thread started about my case and will update later, but this is what was on my seat.
This procedure that HITMONEY posted works just went and did it and there is a message now saying eso off in the odometer. Thanx hitmoney the secret was to turn the engine on. Atlast i got a snif of burned rubber.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
Cool, I'm glad it worked!
Yeah thanks alot now i can drive and no silly computer will tell the wheels to stop while i want them moving. thanks alot.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr. T
i pulled the fuse. no problemo. no trip to the dealer for a flash, and it only takes a minute to get in and pull it, or put it back in.
now, esp is non-existent, as well as BAS unless i want it there.
Mr. T, any way you could tell me which fuse to pull? Didn't by chance snap a pic of the box did ya? hehe. Thanks for the help. My ESP has been going off like a bitch lately...
Old 07-29-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I tried several times and it does'nt work

ON. 4H. Right. Push 7 seconds. Chimes. Left. Push 7 seconds, and there is NO chimes after... WHY?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

i've tried on my 08 Rubicon, and no luck either. I've tried it a few different times.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

does this also disable the BRAKE LOCK DIFFERENTIAL in low range????
Old 07-29-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found that after I held the button for 7 seconds on the second and third dings. If I held the button for 7 seconds released the button then I would get the ding. It finally worked after manys attempts.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

anymore updates to this? anyone else get it to work? I have an 08 and still can't get it to work....
Old 04-26-2009, 12:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I held it for seven seconds it never worked. I did it for about 5-6 secs and it worked like a charm. Make sure the steering wheel is straight to start, once u turn the wheel one way or the other, u don't let it move at all, and when u first turn it right u will get the usual chime for partially turning ESP off but u are looking for the chime AFTER u release the button as well. Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

I finally got it to work!

I put a watch on the dash so I could see the seconds tick...

the first clockwise half turn I did it exactly 7 seconds and let go, this time there was the initial 5 second beep, then another beep after I let go after 7 seconds...

on the counter-clockwise turn, there was no beep.

and the back to center turn there was no beep.

but when i turned the jeep off then back on, the ESP OFF was displayed in the odometer and the esp symbol was on. after about 12 seconds the ESP OFF went off, but the esp symbol stayed lit. so it's off now!!! can't believe it took me this long to get it to work.

Quick Reply: Disabling ESP???