Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Disabling ESP???

Old 06-26-2008, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disabling ESP???

Just wanted to know if anyone has had their ESP disabled or knows anything about it?? I recenlty found a service bulletin from Jeep #05-001-08 that lets the dealership disable this feature!!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by freshjk
Just wanted to know if anyone has had their ESP disabled or knows anything about it?? I recenlty found a service bulletin from Jeep #05-001-08 that lets the dealership disable this feature!!
I think the jeep has to be moded for that. And i hate the esp and my jeep is not modded so i gues i wont be able to disable it.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Esp

There is a thread about turning off ESP on this forum-you can do it yourself if you have an 08 but I dont think it works on 07s.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SDJK
There is a thread about turning off ESP on this forum-you can do it yourself if you have an 08 but I dont think it works on 07s.
I tried it many many times and no use.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
I tried it many many times and no use.
I had to do it about 4 times before it worked-mine has been disabled ever since.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SDJK
I had to do it about 4 times before it worked-mine has been disabled ever since.
I tried and tried and no use. Dont know what to do and i hate the esp.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Talking 2008

Do a search of the site. This has been pretty heavily discussed, and the various options (toggle switch, pulled fuse, mythical dealer assistance, etc) have been pretty continuously hashed out.

I have a 2008, and can verify that the disable command system found in the owners manual functions beautifully (do a forum search for 'contra code', and you'll get more than you could ever want). I understand your pain with ESP hatred, so best of luck.

--
Old 06-26-2008, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
I tried and tried and no use. Dont know what to do and i hate the esp.
You have to do everything EXACTLY like it says or it won't work,like I said I had to do it 4 times before I got it right.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must be a retard (is that P.C.?). I follow the steps exactly like it's written, except I don't get a chime on the last step (wheel to center), and I don't get the permanently off message. Tried it several times. '08 Rubi, by the way.

On. 4wd Hi. Right. Hold. 7 sec. Chime. Left. Hold. 7 sec. Chime. Center. 7 sec. Nothing.

What subtle little step am I missing? Wheels look straight. Steering wheel too. Hand off the steering wheel? Tried that. Hands on? Tried that too. Hold a little longer? Nothing.

I guess I'll just keep trying.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

I never heard of starting the engine. I tried it atleast 20 times on different days with the engine off and it didnt work, il have to try it with the engine on. But thanks for the help people. If theres any more hints to this i will be thankful.

Quick Reply: Disabling ESP???