Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

disable esp?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SnakeskinJeep
Greg, are you able to engage it again after you disable it? thanks for the help.
I used the same method and it works. If you want to turn it back on you have to turn the toggle switch to the on position and turn off and restart the Jeep. Works for me.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seer1
I had to look for a minute to find it:
The wire's probably elsewhere as well, but under the console is a big bunch of wires running from the front to the back on the driver's side of the e-brake handle. Inside of this bundle are two purple wires with LIGHT blue stripes. One is wound with a white wire. That's NOT the one you want. There is another one running alongside it that is purple with a DARK blue stripe. Not that one either. You want the one with the LIGHT blue stripe that's not wound with the white wire. I turned on the Jeep when I cut the purple and light blue stripe wire just to be sure and the lights came right on. Then splice in some extra wire and add your toggle. Sorry about the lack of picts, but it's buttoned back together and I'm not yanking the console again if I can help it.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the wire mod with a toggle switch and it works fine for me.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SnakeskinJeep
Greg, are you able to engage it again after you disable it? thanks for the help.
Yes

You can re-engage it by doing the same process again.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible to flash the 07 JK computer with 08 JK computer. Or has any one done that already?

My understanding is the 08 JK computer all you to do is press the ESP button in 4L or 4H or completely disable the ESP is that correct?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YOGURT
Does this really work? 2007+ is on the application list.
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/files/A...ide_basic3.pdf
There is only one model for the Chrysler CAN bus line. Yes, it really does work. The interactive selections are limited to Fan High Speed On/Off, Fan Low Speed On/Off (seems to set it to high speed), and ESP/BAS On/Off. The Fan shuts off when the selection is exited, but the ESP/BAS stays off until you turn it back on again or the key is shut off.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default 4Hi 4Lo ESPOFF

Originally Posted by Zak
Is it possible to flash the 07 JK computer with 08 JK computer. Or has any one done that already?

My understanding is the 08 JK computer all you to do is press the ESP button in 4L or 4H or completely disable the ESP is that correct?
Zak this is correct once you put it in 4Lo it automatically shuts off and it will display ESPOFF on the guage cluster and when in 4Hi you musat be stopped and hold the button until ESPOFF comes up on the guage cluster.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

I went the steering wheel route with the engine off. The key was to hold the esp button until you hear it beep each time you turn the wheel. If you don't hear the beep, it didn't take.

I used this to re-enable ESP b/c I got tired of looking at the squiggly lines.

Out-of-curiousity, why is ESP so bad with a lift? I've only felt mine come on if I am pretty aggressive on a corner, but it wasn't anything bad, just felt like ABS. Nothing to be afraid of. I've heard of others that hate it so much, and how it almost killed em... REALLY????
Old 03-30-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone tell me the flash # so I can tell my dealer?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMPJDS
i can handle the console just fine. my last experience with the dash was less than pleasant. my cell phone fell in the grand canyon between the dash and windshield and i couldn't get it without tearing the dash out.
3/4" pipe insulation foam type works good for that, just cut to fit and slide it in

Quick Reply: disable esp?