Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

disable esp?

Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disable esp?

ive done a few searches and came up with nothing. is there any way to disable the esp other than when your in 4wd low? i hate having it in 2wd when offroad.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How far are you willing to go to do it?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

When you are in 4Hi you can shut it off if you are stopped in neutral and you hold the ESP button until ESPOFF shows up on your display just like when you put it in 4Lo
Old 01-29-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

as long as i dont have to take the dash apart again ill do pretty much anything.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Jedi

There is something you can do like hold the button andturn the wheel all the way back and forth.. It is in the manual. I think it is up up down down left right left right A B select start. I think
Old 01-29-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice
Old 01-29-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Junkie

How about yanking the console?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

i can handle the console just fine. my last experience with the dash was less than pleasant. my cell phone fell in the grand canyon between the dash and windshield and i couldn't get it without tearing the dash out.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

I have an 07 sahara, I completly disabled mine. I had the dealer do the flash upgrade, then I followed the instuctions. The thing is to have the key in the on position but not have the motor running. Then do the whole steering wheel to left a half turn, hold the esp button for 7 sec until u hear the ding then turn to the right hold the button, wait for the ding, then center the wheel hold the button, wait for the ding. oh yeah u have to put the jeep in 4 low first before u do anything. Its really hard to turn the wheel with the engine off, but it can be done. I did it. once its done u will have the little squiggly lines in the instrument cluster.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BMPJDS
i can handle the console just fine. my last experience with the dash was less than pleasant. my cell phone fell in the grand canyon between the dash and windshield and i couldn't get it without tearing the dash out.

I had to look for a minute to find it:
The wire's probably elsewhere as well, but under the console is a big bunch of wires running from the front to the back on the driver's side of the e-brake handle. Inside of this bundle are two purple wires with LIGHT blue stripes. One is wound with a white wire. That's NOT the one you want. There is another one running alongside it that is purple with a DARK blue stripe. Not that one either. You want the one with the LIGHT blue stripe that's not wound with the white wire. I turned on the Jeep when I cut the purple and light blue stripe wire just to be sure and the lights came right on. Then splice in some extra wire and add your toggle. Sorry about the lack of picts, but it's buttoned back together and I'm not yanking the console again if I can help it.

Quick Reply: disable esp?