Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

The dilemma of a 3.6L overland build

Old 10-31-2014, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes?

Originally Posted by Ancient Machine
Yeah so I totally got a 2014 JKUR a couple weeks ago. It's awesome. So, so awesome. It's only got 3.73s and I put my 33s from my old JK on it and the power is still really impressive!

Anvil, Nav (NavTV going in soon), 33 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Procomp 7069s, some aftermarket bumper I'm having major issues with, Auto, all the fancy stuff I said I'd never want in a Jeep. It's such a great road trip machine!

I need to figure out my auto start situation before I move back to Anchorage here soon, I think I'm going to go with the Audiovox. I also need to get this tire carrier latch thing sorted, the damn thing opened and slammed my spare into the side of my Jeep while I was driving back from Sedona yesterday - talk about fury.

I'll regear when I get 35s after my Nittos need to be replaced. I'm going to get an AEV 2.5, gusset and sleeve the axle, get synergy ball joints, and mabe a few other things before I move, purely to save cost on shipping to AK.
Have you given any thoughts to up grading your brakes with the additional weight of the mods? I see you are running 16" wheels. I am asking because I was sure I was going with 16" wheels when my 2015 JKUR comes in, but it looks like you need 17" wheels for all the big/better brake upgrade options? Better brakes are something that are high on my list of mods or is this also considered overkill for an overlanding set up?

Quick Reply: The dilemma of a 3.6L overland build